would like input comparing new F3 800 RC to F4 RC - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

would like input comparing new F3 800 RC to F4 RC

I am new to this board as I am in the process of purchasing a new MV.
I have narrowed it down to either a new F3 800 RC or the F4 RC.
I know the prices are drastically different as are the bikes. I like the size of the F3 but know in the end I will add all the extra carbon fiber parts and billet pieces as well as a header system and that will add almost half the cost of the bike and I still do not have really nice Ohlins on it. So, I am asking myself if just adding more and getting the F4 RC I will end up with the perfect bike, all carbon fiber and header system and the big bonus would be the Ohlins on the F4.
I am thinking that the F4 may not feel much bigger at all as the weights are about the same as the F3 800 RC.
I am an old ducati rider and used to ride an 888SP.
Now I just have my old Suzuki rgv250 lucky strike grand prix two stroke that is tiny but is a blast to drive and very fast.
I am not sure how the speed of the F3 will compare to my old 888?
Would love some input from some MV riders. Would the F4 Rc be worth two times the cost of a nicely done F3 800 RC?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
I am new to this board as I am in the process of purchasing a new MV.
I have narrowed it down to either a new F3 800 RC or the F4 RC.
I know the prices are drastically different as are the bikes. I like the size of the F3 but know in the end I will add all the extra carbon fiber parts and billet pieces as well as a header system and that will add almost half the cost of the bike and I still do not have really nice Ohlins on it. So, I am asking myself if just adding more and getting the F4 RC I will end up with the perfect bike, all carbon fiber and header system and the big bonus would be the Ohlins on the F4.
I am thinking that the F4 may not feel much bigger at all as the weights are about the same as the F3 800 RC.
I am an old ducati rider and used to ride an 888SP.
Now I just have my old Suzuki rgv250 lucky strike grand prix two stroke that is tiny but is a blast to drive and very fast.
I am not sure how the speed of the F3 will compare to my old 888?
Would love some input from some MV riders. Would the F4 Rc be worth two times the cost of a nicely done F3 800 RC?
Thanks
1) there is no perfect bike

2)the F3 800 RC is much easier to go quick on if that is the plan

3)the F3 RC will absolutely annihilate a 888SP in every facet of riding (and looks)

4)the F4 RC is probably worth double the value of a nicely modded F3 RC....and should remain that way

5) in the end, I would recommend you get the F3 RC and modify it to suit you

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks quad turbo,
I was worried that the F3 800 may not be as fast as my old 888.
I loved my Ohlins shocks on my old Duck and that is what appeals to me on the F4. I just don't think I will get twice the enjoyment as it is double the price. I am also worried about it being too big for me to feel comfortable on.
I like the size of the F3 as I am only 5'6' and plan to lower the F3 an inch so my feet touch the ground better.
I plan to use it on the road only and live in the middle of Florida with country roads.
I have an order in for the F3 800 RC and the dealer will be putting QD exhaust on it as well as an Ohlins steering damper. I am trying to figure out the rest of the exhaust system as he will remove the cat. I am trying to figure out if I need to change the header system as well as the mid pipe.
But as I look at all the carbon fiber pieces and billet pieces I like I was thinking I am making a mistake and should upgrade the the F4.
But can you give me any advice on the best header pipe and connector to the QD triple pipes?
Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 07:57 PM

New Site Garage
The cat is in the header on the triple cylinder bikes. You can get Ti header from MV, have a look in the Performance section, there's an exhaust option thread right near the top.
If you're getting a QD installed, this will have it's own mid-pipe section.

The F4 is a much "bigger" feeling bike than the F3. Have you sat on an F3 yet ?

If you're worried about being short, stick with the F3 and upgrade the suspension, there are great options other than Ohlins on the market, and if you're going to drop the suspension by 25mm then what's the sense in spending so much on suspension anyway mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Donsy,
I have decided to stick with the F3 due to size. I did sit on one this last weekend. It is just slightly larger than my Suzuki rgv 250 but it feels comfortable but only the balls of my feet touch which is like my old Ducati which I never liked compared to my suzuki that my feet are flat when at a light.
I do plan on lowering the suspension about an inch. What options do I have to upgrade the suspension it comes with? What would you suggest as an upgrade? I plan to use it on the street but do have big fast roads by me where I can use it. The dealer did not mention any suspension options to me. I have figuring out what to upgrade by reading the posts in this forum.
I like the Qd and the three pipe look as well as increasing the power as much as I can without major engine work. I am trying to figure out if I will need to remap the ecu or however it works with changing the exhaust.
Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated. Mv's are new to me.

I like a lot of the carbon fiber pieces also as well as some of the billet foot peg pieces but these are just for show.
Thanks
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 PM

New Site Garage
At the moment there is a Mupo shock for sale here on the forum - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162193

Look at the Forum Sponsors sites for fork cartridge kits like this for instance - http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...nsions/f3.html

I would strongly urge you to ride the bike for a while before lowering it by that much.
You might not feel the difference, hopefully you will, as lowering a bike by so much is not good for handling.

Bazzaz does a piggy-back system for your ECU, but you might not need it, once again, ride it first and see how it goes.

Good luck and enjoy mate.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again for the help and the links. I am still not familiar with the forums and all its links and sponsors.
I will take your advice and ride it a while and see what needs changing after that.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 09:48 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Hahaha, be advised that my advice is not always the right advise mate.
Have a good read through the various sections, the F3 section has some very good info and would be a good place to ask existing owners things.

I believe there is a thread on lowering F3's somewhere in the Suspension section, and that you can buy a lowering link for the rear from Moto Forza if I'm not mistaken.

Hope the wait doesn't send you too broke too soon.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 07:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
The cat is in the header on the triple cylinder bikes. You can get Ti header from MV, have a look in the Performance section, there's an exhaust option thread right near the top.
If you're getting a QD installed, this will have it's own mid-pipe section.
Hey Donsy, a quick question for you. I'm getting the same QD exhaust installed on mine, but was also considering adding the MV titanium headers next year. My understanding is these new headers will get rid of the cat. So, should I just use some O2 eliminators to plug into the existing sensors? I'm not making my bike a pure track bike; I still want to ride it on the road. However in my state we have an annual emissions inspection. Basically new stuff they just hook up to a computer and check things; they don't put it on a dyno or anything like that. Do you think I'd still be able to pass this emissions test with the new MV headers?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Hey Donsy, a quick question for you. I'm getting the same QD exhaust installed on mine, but was also considering adding the MV titanium headers next year. My understanding is these new headers will get rid of the cat. So, should I just use some O2 eliminators to plug into the existing sensors? I'm not making my bike a pure track bike; I still want to ride it on the road. However in my state we have an annual emissions inspection. Basically new stuff they just hook up to a computer and check things; they don't put it on a dyno or anything like that. Do you think I'd still be able to pass this emissions test with the new MV headers?
Oh fack, I know nothing mate.

Okay, the O2 sensor sits before the cat, so between the engine and the cat if I'm not mistaken, and most new aftermarket pipes have a port for you to install your existing sensor into, those old O2 eliminators don't fool much anymore when you're going to be tested.

If they measure at the back of the bike (exhaust outlet) then I think you'll have trouble, but I'm speculating based on what I've read, not personal experience.
What bike again, I assume F3 ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode