New Products - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
New Products

I'm working with Woodcraft to develop rear sets (and other things) for the 3 cylinder machines. The rear sets will be typical Woodcraft - simple, strong and just what is needed for racing and track use. They will not be for bling and show like some other offerings.

Some out there may know that Woodcraft started on this project awhile back but never brought the products to production. Since then the design is re-engineered and will be available with standard and GP shift options that allow production QS operation.

We'll be testing and refining the design this winter. We'll post photo's and updates as these products evolve. Initially we'll concentrate on rear sets for the F, B & D - 3 cyl machines

Don't know when they'll go into production. Don't know how much they will cost. Stay tuned and we'll let you know as things progress.

D23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 10:15 AM

I love Woodcraft products. I think I have everything they make for my race ZX6R. I wanted their rearsets for the F3, but they didn't have any available at the time. I will be following this for future purchases.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM

Simplicity can also be beautiful. More beautiful than Bling in many cases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Development continues, more to follow.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Work continues on the 3 cylinder model Woodcraft rearsets.

The foot position will not be moved as high or as far back as some rearsets that are currently available. This will allow the use for the standard read brake pedal on the F3 and will allow fitment of a F3 brake pedal for B, R & D3 models.

The consensus of our medium and large riders has been that most aftermarket rearsets we've test fit for the F3 are too high or too far back or both depending on manufacturer. Opinions?

We are also considering making an optional shorter shift throw position for both standard and GP shift. This would be built in to offer a choice - basically same throw as original and a slightly shorter throw setting. No extra charge and no extra equipment required. Comments?

Of course the Woodcraft rearsets are designed to also fit B, R & D3 models. But keep in mind they will radically relocate the foot position depending on your model of MV3. Some models will have to have the stock shift rod guard removed.

Question for prospective buyers. Would these rearsets be more appealing to you in clear anodized or shine Black? The black would provide a touch more bling factor. I welcome your feed back. Thank You

D23

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 07:28 AM

I have Rizoma and I can confirm they can relocate the pegs higher and farther back, but Rizoma uses a adjustment plate for dialing in position. I know Woodcraft doesn't offer an adjustment plate, but instead uses the eccentric peg for small adjustments which is fine. I would prefer black....the silver is too much on a bike the is primarily black/red. So will Woodcraft design something to retain the use of the stock QS when trying to run GP shift?

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
The Woodcraft rearsets will use the stock QS for standard and GP shift.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Update: Woodcraft rear sets have been through initial testing and prototyping - first set of pre-production units will be ready next week.

Photos will be published on Moto Union website soon as the pre-production units are fitted and adjusted.

Highlights:
1. Rear sets will be black anodized finish
2. Adjustable foot rest position is slightly up and back but not as severe as many current aftermarket rear sets available today
3. Standard rear brake assembly can be utilized - no special linkage required
4. Toe piece, shift lever, heel guards and foot pegs will be standard Woodcraft items - this means low cost to replace and readily available.
5. Rear set design protection is to break foot peg 1/2 first, foot peg 2nd half then mount bracket before allowing frame tabs to break off. Design doesn't guarantee this will always be the case, bad things happen in crashes.
6. Rear set main brackets are one piece billet CNC machined no hodgepodge of brackets and bolts - simple, light, easy install and strong
7. Everything you need to operate standard or GP shift with OEM quick shifter is included in the kit
8. Price will be very reasonable compared to other kits - sans the really cheap Chinese kits

Cheers all

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Last edited by Donsy; 02-17-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: For Advertising rights please contact Admin.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Sneak peek at the Woodcraft resets for the F3 - Work continues

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:14 AM

Very interested to see the final product. Woodcraft always gets my business on race parts.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode