Who wants a D3 Extreme Tidy Tail - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
Who wants a D3 Extreme Tidy Tail

I spoke with D3 and the reason you can no longer order the Extreme Tidy Tail is because of a parts problem. He uses a CNC to make a delrin spacer that sits between the bracket and the under tail inside the undertray. He no longer has his CNC machine so must contract out that part. Unless he orders 25 at a time it is very expensive therefore he has not been producing them.

I am trying to gauge the interest in how many guys would buy one if he made a run. If enough people want these I could try to convince him to make a batch. If a lot of guys want one I could try and organize a group buy.

Post up if you will buy one. Serious orders only please, I would hate to give him a number then half the people never purchase and he is left holding the bag.

http://www.d3-components.co.uk/#/mv-agusta-1/4573745240
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 02:01 AM

New Site Garage
I know Daz he's a sound guy, blame the banks and his ex landlord for him not having his CNC machine anymore, he had to downsize considerably. I'm sure he will try his hardest to accommodate any reasonable requests, maybe a small deposit for those who say they want one to cover the machining would help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 AM

Nice look, I'm guessing they don't fit to a Dragster RR, if they however do sign me up for one

MV Agusta Dragster 800 RR -2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
For you guys that know the manufacturer: Suggest that he look into a 3D printer. Those machines will one off anything you need aout of the appropriate material for much less floor space than a CNC machine. I would think any plastic spacer could be done up for low cost.

(And, for CD, why choose such an offensive moniker?)

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napandee View Post
Nice look, I'm guessing they don't fit to a Dragster RR, if they however do sign me up for one
Sorry I don't know the first thing about the Dragster. Perhaps if it uses the same tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
(And, for CD, why choose such an offensive moniker?)
Because I am a douchebag and believe in being honest but I also deserve the respect my rank commands.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 04:47 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
For you guys that know the manufacturer: Suggest that he look into a 3D printer. Those machines will one off anything you need aout of the appropriate material for much less floor space than a CNC machine. I would think any plastic spacer could be done up for low cost

Correct me if I'm wrong but a 3D printer prints with plastic does it not, I know people have made all sorts out them, guns included, but would it be strong enough to handle the vibrations that go through a tail tidy over time?

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
3D printers print in many different materials. Since the device that needs to be manufactured is a spacer, I don't see why plastics won't work.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Unless I'm reading this post incorrectly, you can get stainless spacers here or in any material you like for a very reasonable price
http://www.mcmaster.com/#unthreaded-spacers/=z9rmbg
Cheers
Steve
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:23 AM

New Site Garage
Cheers lads, I'll pass the info on to Daz but I won't be seeing him for a month or so, if anyone will be in touch sooner they could maybe they could pass it on.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:11 PM

Hi All, been advised of this thread by various people here...

apologies if you have not had much luck getting hold of me, as was mentioned it all went abit belly up last year, we lost our unit and our CNC, I have since set up at home and been building connections ever since, I am more involved with build projects these days, we make a lot of street triple stuff production wise, and our connection to Moto Forza was all but lost with the loss of the CNC

I have been looking at all the options as mentioned for the production of the spacers, all the other parts are now cut for us by a great place in Coventry, I still get a lot of request for F3/F4 stuff as well as S1000 parts...we are working toward supply ASAP, in the meantime anyone wishing special tails for other models get in touch

I have been meaning to contact Moto Corsa for help with bikes, but TBH I would rather have bikes here

If you contact me at my usual D3 mail and mention this thread I can get an idea of who wants an F3 tail, I am making another 10 now the 3D printing is a great option but, small runs are still nearly as costly as the CNC option, I am working on a workaround now for this and hope to have something later this week

we are still here in the background ; )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode