MV Agusta Forum banner

whats your weight/fork settings?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gem STate St 
#1 ·
gonna attemt to set up my forks soon, they are adjusted fully down now. Im starting from base. whats your weight and settings? I am 220lbs and do only mild street riding

#8 ·
Here's the thing: Suspension setups are for specific bike geometry at a specified rider weight. What comes in the manual, as an addendum, is the BASIC set up from which you work to personalize response to your liking. For my F4, it took nearly two years for me to get it right...and that involved changing springs twice. My set up will not work for you. Someone else's may be close; BUT, you must make the adjustments to fine tune to your riding syle and bike geometry. It is a detailed process that requires you to make an adjustment, ride the bike, record the impression, make an adjustment, ride the bike, record the impression....ad infinitum until you get it "right".

That being said, here is the addendum from the back of the manual for a 2008 F4 312R:

Text Font Parallel Paper Document

There are also numerous threads on here for supsension setup. One has a link to very good video on suspension setup and reading your tires to see what should be changed.

To make it easy to find I have included it here:http://www.feelthetrack.com/

Happy Hunting.

#9 ·
I think the reason you have received such a tepid response is because no one here has the same set up you have. The front suspension does not work by itself. It is part of the entire bike.

Since you are not using an MV, nothing we offer by way of fork settings is going to make any sense. It may even make the bike unridable. I would take Chuck's advice. Just ride it and see how it feels. Then report back with what your settings are and the RKIs here will be able to help you adjust it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.