Useful Bike Lift - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs up Useful Bike Lift

Firstly, I have absolutely no ties to this company in any way shape or form and thought this could be of use to other forumites who had the same problem as I.

I've wanted a bike lift/work bench for quite a while but don't have the dedicated floor space to have one sitting there constantly when not in use.

Anyhow a pic is worth a thousand words, just finished my mini service on F4 which is the service in-between the factory 6K services, I do a mini service, oil & fluids & a checkover including hub every 3K - now I am looking forward to the next bike to service - check this out:

F4 on stand rasied:

Lowered:

Folded:

Stored away until next time:

The model in the pic is the cruiser lift, there's also a smaller sportbike model but I opted for the larger one as my brother in law has Harleys & can borrow it if required.

It weighs 63 kgs, has wheels on one end & easily movable by one person to get into position and to store up right. it works off both compressed air & hydraulic & has a safety locking bar should anything fail. I must say though that lifting hydraulically is quite a feat and it is like 100 pumps (or it feels that way) to move 6 inches - with the compressor it goes to max height in less than 10 seconds. It needs a 120PSI rated compressor.

As I said I have no interest in the company but after using it this weekend I wish I had!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 03:39 AM

all good and well but who sells/makes the bloody thing?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 03:42 AM

yes robbbie

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Red face Whoopsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
all good and well but who sells/makes the bloody thing?
Hey Russ I guess that would have been useful info, don't you just prefer pretty pics?

Sold by: Steve Hart (in you neck of the woods) - really nice guy to deal with

See demo/details @
http://www.hartstransport.com.au/

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Hey Russ I guess that would have been useful info, don't you just prefer pretty pics?

Sold by: Steve Hart (in you neck of the woods) - really nice guy to deal with

See demo/details @
http://www.hartstransport.com.au/
Very nice Rob.

Garage is looking great since the last time I saw it!

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 05:01 AM

That's a nice lift and at $749 US a good deal:

http://www.kendonusa.com/cruiserlift.html

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post
Very nice Rob.

Garage is looking great since the last time I saw it!
Hi Glenn, Yes thanks mate, finishing the 350 "Tributo Ago" (which was that 'pile of junk' you saw laying all over the place) was a big boost - to cleaning up the garage & repainting it & doing the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
That's a nice lift and at $749 US a good deal:

http://www.kendonusa.com/cruiserlift.html
They are a little more expensive here in Australia but I reckon worth it - they are pretty well built nice finish. I like that they have 4 tie down points as well.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 06-30-2013 at 05:54 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 AM

Great product Rob, could have used that today instead of being on my knees
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I have had a Kendon Lift for years...albeit not with the air lift feature. I just hand pump mine up. (There's a joke in there somewhere.) Nice piece of kit. Just be careful when loading a heavy bike as the forward momentum can bend the wheel stop loop.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Great product Rob, could have used that today instead of being on my knees
I am getting too old to be on my knees - you are talking about bikes right? It not a precursor to Chuck's hand pumping joke is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I have had a Kendon Lift for years...albeit not with the air lift feature. I just hand pump mine up. (There's a joke in there somewhere.) Nice piece of kit. Just be careful when loading a heavy bike as the forward momentum can bend the wheel stop loop.
Thanks Chucky that good info to for me (and others) to get from a long term user of the product, I'll keep an eye on that. I am lucky to have a few good friends that own engineering firms so if it starts to look problematic I'll ask a favour and have them reinforce it Better still I might not lend it to my brother in law & his damn Harleys & prolong its life

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode