Superbike Suspension - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Superbike Suspension

Met these guys at Barber Motorsports and wanted an adjustment on my F4's suspension. During the setup and dampening settings I noticed they were having some issues and the bike seemed to wallow around a lot when they were doing the bounce test. It was suggested that I overhaul the forks and rear shock as well as change out the spring in the rear (was out of range for sag). They kept the bike overnight (and stayed up until 3am to finish it) and it was ready the next morning for the first session. They had a lot of knowledge about the F4 and even had a few specialized tools. For the quality of work that was done the price was quite reasonable.

Before bringing them the F4 they did work on my R6 which completely transformed the way the bike handled. The F4 was very much the same level of transformation. Worth every penny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM

Nice! We should swap MVs on a ride soon

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
Nice! We should swap MVs on a ride soon
Maybe a really short ride. Not sure I could deal with the anxiety of riding a one of 300 limited edition bike and having someone else on my Diamante at the same time. Especially if you end up in front and I have to watch.

It's a real dangerous thing too. Last time I swapped it was on a friends FZR400 and I went and tracked one down and bought it shortly afterwards.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it does on the street which is where I normally like to ride it. All this humid rain stuff has been simply awful. :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Got out for a quick run on the streets earlier. The difference is pretty staggering. It handles bumps much more effectively now but is not too jarring. It seems to turn in quicker and not seem as heavy as it used to. Might have something to do with the different profile on the new tires. In any event. Money well spent.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM

RCHACE most riders who upgrade suspension only do so to the rear shock. Truth of the matter is upgrading the front suspension/forks produce a much better handling machine. When to balance both the Front & Rear suspension as you have done,it can turn a ill handling beast into a slick track day bike.
Point being if someone wants to truly improve a bikes handling BOTH front & rear suspension has to be done and correctly tuned . Smart move on your part
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 AM

Superbike has set up my track bike and my F4. They will always tell you to send in your forks and shock for an overhaul. Then I had to remind them my Ohlins rear was brand new worst thing it needed was air servicing. other than that they really do a great job. and I do track my 312R occasionally so it did improve handling all the way round.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 04:51 AM

New Site Garage
They set up my track bike too. Ken at Superbike Suspension really knows his stuff.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Ws2 welcome to the site and nice to hear from you again Italia . I too own a F4 312R. Just wanted to let you know I had GRIP ONE PRO 2 Traction control/wheelie control unit installed and it works EXCEPTIONALLY well. Head and shoulders above the Bazzaz traction control and any factory units My team rider has tested before . The downside is the unit is a pain In the ass to install but well worth the effort .
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Being 6ft4 270lbs My suspension would have a tendency bottom, or near bottom out over medium size bumps. I then had JRI 30mm Fork Cartridges and a Nitron Triple adjustable rear shock with hydrolic preload adjuster and Nitrons optional heavy duty spring. ( BTW NITRON ACTUALLY ADJUSTS SPRING & VALVING TO WEIGHT . Many companies ...Weight adjustment.. is spring only) Transformed MY F4 312R Handling, especially when riding over a bump/swale tipped over mid corner. Even then the suspension follows the surface smoothly and does not disrupt chassis.
I WANTED to get BOTH JRI Cartridges and REAR shock. JRI is the new hot suspension set up in USA.
The JRI rear shock uses new tech/high pressure/large piston like PENSKY RACING but at a lower cost .
JRI has a sale going on 2195$ for BOTH fork cartridges AND high pressure triple adjustable rear race shock.
I CHOSE to use the NITRON RACE SHOCK because of my size/weight. The JRI high pressure race shock has 50mm piston yet is small in physical size. I was leary of bottoming out rear with my 270lb weight .

FYI= The JRI fork cartridges and rear race shocks are made to fit MV AGUSTA F4 1000R/F4 1000RR & MV AGUSTA F3 675R/800R.
CALL JRI, they have more shocks/fork cartridges than on website. http://www.jrishocks.com or USA distributor 856-935-0366

NITRON Triple Adjustable Rear Shocks are made to fit MV AGUSTA F4 1000R/RR F3 675R/800R & BRUTALE models But CALL NITRON , they have MORE shocks than shown on website http://www.nitron.co.uk and factory phone number ...just remembered.. UK DESIGN CORSE a site Supporter sells NITRON . I GET NO MONEY , PARTS ECT FROM POSTING MY EXPERIANCE USING PRODUCTS . I JUST LIKE TO HELP FELLOW MV AGUSTA OWNERS/RIDERS AND TRY TO USE OUR SITE SUPPORTS PRODUCTS I have tried most every well known suspension/braking product on the market . I post GOOD products, I do not post up the BAD/MEDIOCRE Products as I do not like to Bad Mouth a product. (sometimes if REALLY a crap product that advertises its great . That is Rare.
Attached Images

Last edited by [email protected]; 12-01-2013 at 09:54 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM

Sorry could upload both pics this is JRI high pressure triple adjustable rear shock with 50mm piston.
JRI is the hot set up in AMA superbike racing right now .
PENSKY RACING uses same high pressure tech but JRI same quality lower cost.
The high pressure in a small shock/big piston has quicker rebound so the suspension follows the BACK SIDE of a bump/swale instead of passing OVER it .
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode