MV dealer in Berlin only speak german...unacceptable! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

MV dealer in Berlin only speak german...unacceptable!

Went to Berlin with my girlfriend. Had to go with her to MV dealer to buy a main axle bolt for the back wheel.
With 3 people in the (tight) shop to take the clients, no one could even tried to understand what I wanted, because they couldnīt even answered my question - "do you speak english?" - If it wasnīt for my (german) girlfriend to make the questions, I would have had a problem. Wanted to ask them about other stuff for my MV, but it was impossible, as you can imagine... and after selling us the bolt, they showed no interest at all to comunicate with us/her and to know what I wanted to ask,...

At Hein Gerick shop, on the other hand, they were super cool and spoke english - the owner and the employee! Highly recommend these guys! Top material for bikes with amazing prices and sales!!

Forget MV Agusta Berlin! Buy somewhere else if pyou can. I will definitely do the same next time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM

lol , typical germans , i am sure they spoke English but you might have come on the wrong way
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo View Post
Went to Berlin with my girlfriend. Had to go with her to MV dealer to buy a main axle bolt for the back wheel.
With 3 people in the (tight) shop to take the clients, no one could even tried to understand what I wanted, because they couldnīt even answered my question - "do you speak english?" - If it wasnīt for my (german) girlfriend to make the questions, I would have had a problem. Wanted to ask them about other stuff for my MV, but it was impossible, as you can imagine... and after selling us the bolt, they showed no interest at all to comunicate with us/her and to know what I wanted to ask,...

At Hein Gerick shop, on the other hand, they were super cool and spoke english - the owner and the employee! Highly recommend these guys! Top material for bikes with amazing prices and sales!!

Forget MV Agusta Berlin! Buy somewhere else if pyou can. I will definitely do the same next time!!
Come on Eduardo..That's not fair...When I go to France I learn/revise a few basic words and questions and especially how to ask nicely for help.

People like it when we make an effort. It is breaking down the barriers.

On the other hand it sounds like they could have been more helpful as you are a customer..

Auf wiedersehen

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Did you mention the war?
Attached Images

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Did you mention the war?
I did smile when Eduardo said it was the Germans lol

" We didn't start it ! "... " Yes you did ! You invaded Poland !!"

Having said all that, I know what it is like to go into a shop full of enthusiasm hoping to have a good chat about my favourite subject and just get the cold shoulder.

joe
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
...there's always my garage....

(bring tools...)

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 AM
Established Member

little unfair Germans often speak German especially in their home land. Perhaps more interesting is that you were able to buy a new rear wheel nut over the counter ,Be Happy down in New Zealand we would be writing in praise if a dealer actually carried stock. Asked one of our larger motorcycle accessory suppliers for a DID joining link he asked for my credit card details before he would order the $ 12 part in, just after telling me he normally stocks them ! Some people just Suck at service !
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 AM

If you're still in Germany and your English is fairly advanced, ask them to write it down next time you're in a bind. Many words come from the same root. One place my wife and I had trouble was Japan. None of the languages we speak came remotely close to their tongue. I certainly didn't fault them for not speaking english. Nor would any reasonable outsider.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
If there is a Next time speak to them in your native tongue.
The wife and I went to the Nurburgring on one of the days we had a wander round the shops. A german lady came over and started speaking to the wife who spoke back in French (for a laugh). The assistant asked if she spoke English which of course she did. She even found it funny when the wife told her she was English
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
MRT

Germans speakng German in Germany? How dare they!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode