Designcorse - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Wink Designcorse

Well, where do I start.........

I bought my F4 312r in November last year and very soon discovered the faults that you guys already identified, but not having joined the site, didnt really know what I was letting myself in for.......

Without detailing the vast list of parts I have now bought from Design corse, I thought I'd share one incident which I would like you folk to know about and at the same time offer my deepest thanks and appreciation to Al at Designcorse.

In a nut shell, I replaced my INA hub bearings soon after owning the MV so that I had a benchmark wrt service history etc but within 10 month they failed me and I had a bearing failure (wheel side) and hub destruction.

I contacted Al and spoke with him about how gutted I was at my failure and in addition to the cost, it would probably be some time before I could get the bike back on the road. Knowing now of the problematic OEM hub and its bearings, I was and still am in a massive dilema as to what hub I should now invest in (cost not an issue) to prevent anything similiar happening or even worse.......I felt my rear wheel had become loose as I was hard on the front stoppers approaching a roundabout and felt the back end twisting and kicking about like an egg......lol
Al informed me that he had a few swingarms with hubs fitted at his premises and that one hub which was taken from a 1078 was available c/w bearings with only approx 2000 road miles on it.

Now this is the key part..................Al offered to strip down the hub from the swingarm and ship it same day for what was a token gesture in cost.......peanuts in fact in the full scheme of things, knowing what the dealer charges for these things.
Anyway, the next day, my almost new hub c/w bearings arrived and were fitted same day and I was back in action!

Some of the stuff these guys sell is expensive in my opinion but I also think you get what you pay for.........most of the time, unlike the bike itself lol

I have lots of design corse products on my bike now and will continue to use them for as long as I own the MV.

...........yes, before anyone asks, I'm still running the OEM hub and will be replacing as soon as I decide which hub to choose and Im afraid I havent reached that decision yet, contrary to what others have in the way of opinions on OEM upgraded hubs or indeed the Mitch hub upgrade. Money aint a massive factor, the decision will be made when I feekl I have chosen the best hub to NEVER fail on me. I got a scare the day my hub failed and my head is still in a spin wrt to deciding what to do for the best.

Finally, thanks to Al who has not only sold me quality products but has now also bailed me out of the poo! Al you're a great guy and many thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV BOY View Post
Well, where do I start.........

I bought my F4 312r in November last year and very soon discovered the faults that you guys already identified, but not having joined the site, didnt really know what I was letting myself in for.......

Without detailing the vast list of parts I have now bought from Design corse, I thought I'd share one incident which I would like you folk to know about and at the same time offer my deepest thanks and appreciation to Al at Designcorse.

In a nut shell, I replaced my INA hub bearings soon after owning the MV so that I had a benchmark wrt service history etc but within 10 month they failed me and I had a bearing failure (wheel side) and hub destruction.

I contacted Al and spoke with him about how gutted I was at my failure and in addition to the cost, it would probably be some time before I could get the bike back on the road. Knowing now of the problematic OEM hub and its bearings, I was and still am in a massive dilema as to what hub I should now invest in (cost not an issue) to prevent anything similiar happening or even worse.......I felt my rear wheel had become loose as I was hard on the front stoppers approaching a roundabout and felt the back end twisting and kicking about like an egg......lol
Al informed me that he had a few swingarms with hubs fitted at his premises and that one hub which was taken from a 1078 was available c/w bearings with only approx 2000 road miles on it.

Now this is the key part..................Al offered to strip down the hub from the swingarm and ship it same day for what was a token gesture in cost.......peanuts in fact in the full scheme of things, knowing what the dealer charges for these things.
Anyway, the next day, my almost new hub c/w bearings arrived and were fitted same day and I was back in action!

Some of the stuff these guys sell is expensive in my opinion but I also think you get what you pay for.........most of the time, unlike the bike itself lol

I have lots of design corse products on my bike now and will continue to use them for as long as I own the MV.

...........yes, before anyone asks, I'm still running the OEM hub and will be replacing as soon as I decide which hub to choose and Im afraid I havent reached that decision yet, contrary to what others have in the way of opinions on OEM upgraded hubs or indeed the Mitch hub upgrade. Money aint a massive factor, the decision will be made when I feekl I have chosen the best hub to NEVER fail on me. I got a scare the day my hub failed and my head is still in a spin wrt to deciding what to do for the best.

Finally, thanks to Al who has not only sold me quality products but has now also bailed me out of the poo! Al you're a great guy and many thanks!!!!
No worries Mate, Glad to be of assistance when we were needed.

Looking forward to getting some images of your bike when you have finished working on it, as you have added some really tasty bits

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode