Thank you Al - Design Corse - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thank you Al - Design Corse

We love it when the sponsored parts show up, thank you very much mate.
The throttle we have already tested on the #2 bike and it works great, so now we have one for #1 Mv.
The air intake tubes are for track use only, as most would notice that there are no attachment points for the wire cover.
There are quite a few other points but I will leave that open for discussion on my team post.
This is to say thank you to Al for his support, and those tubes look amazing, I am sure there will be HP to be gained in the design.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 08-01-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM

Here are my Air tubes they seem more substantial then ur ones and little more thickness in the body like the factory ones

As u can see inside the autoclave process so u can see the weave of the multi layers of carbon

They bob will look really good fitted ay fella u will love them nice one

Home of the F4 Fibra di carbonio
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Woodster View Post
Here are my Air tubes they seem more substantial then ur ones and little more thickness in the body like the factory ones

As u can see inside the autoclave process so u can see the weave of the multi layers of carbon

They bob will look really good fitted ay fella u will love them nice one
I don't think you get it mate, it's not the same thing, they are not meant to be thick and look like the factory part. These are race parts and have no room for wiring covers etc.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I don't think you get it mate, it's not the same thing, they are not meant to be thick and look like the factory part. These are race parts and have no room for wiring covers etc.
Yeah I get it mate just saying about the comparison between the two Parts RACE and ROAD

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile Okaay then

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Woodster View Post
Yeah I get it mate just saying about the comparison between the two Parts RACE and ROAD
Good, as long as everybody else understands that too matey.

There is always so much politics going on with you guys and all this carbon supplier business, one never knows what to read into your statements.

Those tubes of yours look great, I need to take some better pics too.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Good, as long as everybody else understands that too matey.

There is always so much politics going on with you guys and all this carbon supplier business, one never knows what to read into your statements.

Those tubes of yours look great, I need to take some better pics too.
No politics meant fella I'm just showing difference between two part as it good to see difference fom road to race parts I love carbon fibre as u can see I'm well happy with all my parts end of day we all try help the guys we get it from don't we and people will buy there's from where ever they choose to

Be good to see more of your rac parts mate

Take care

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
I'll second that!

I had MVSP airtubes on my MV's, I just moved them from bike to bike, they were incredibly light and probably the biggest weight saving out of most of the carbon v plastic original ...................... they were however so expensive that you just could not risk them on a race bike, I think I paid £900 for a 'left over' pair, the list price was around £1200.

On the weight saving an MV plastic side panel is around 250 grammes heavier than an MVSP carbon one, in fact that was around the average per panel, I would guess the cheaper carbon fibre may be no lighter than OEM plastic.

Picture of MVSP carbon airtube on my bike, just look at the flat finish (no ripples and panel fit) it just doesn't come any better, or to put another way with carbon fibre ''You getwhat you pay for''
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 08-04-2012 at 03:54 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
I'll second that!

I had MVSP airtubes on my MV's, I just moved them from bike to bike, they were incredibly light and probably the biggest weight saving out of most of the carbon v plastic original ...................... they were however so expensive that you just could not risk them on a race bike, I think I paid £900 for a 'left over' pair, the list price was around £1200.

On the weight saving an MV plastic side panel is around 250 grammes heavier than an MVSP carbon one, in fact that was around the average per panel, I would guess the cheaper carbon fibre may be no lighter than OEM plastic.

Picture of MVSP carbon airtube on my bike, just look at the flat finish (no ripples and panel fit) it just doesn't come any better, or to put another way with carbon fibre ''You getwhat you pay for''

Looks good mate all myn carbon is top notch too, the biggest weight save for me was the air box the standard one was real heavy compared to the cf one it was amazing really but the AirTunes are a work of art like urs u had seat unit it lot lighter too

End of day like u said you get what you pay for and I got very good stuff but people buy what they want to and from were they want to all my post are to say thank you to my supplier not an advertising campaign for him

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
We love it when the sponsored parts show up, thank you very much mate.
The throttle we have already tested on the #2 bike and it works great, so now we have one for #1 Mv.
The air intake tubes are for track use only, as most would notice that there are no attachment points for the wire cover.
There are quite a few other points but I will leave that open for discussion on my team post.
This is to say thank you to Al for his support, and those tubes look amazing, I am sure there will be HP to be gained in the design.
No worries Dons, Glad you got them in one piece.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 05:28 PM

Just to add my $0.02 (Canadian) to the mix:

I've started stocking up bits for my yet-to-be-received F3, and and Al gave me the heads up about a few new parts before they were posted here. A slick maneuver to get more of my $$, but I'm a sucker that way so not much arm twisting required. So I added some CF bits (and will be getting a few more now that everything has arrived and I see the Quality - with a capital Q - in these parts).

To the kicker - NO DUTY!! Don't know what sort of voodoo he's pulled with the Canadian Customs forms, but everything arrived at my door sans extra fees needed. Great surprise.

Will be ordering from Design Corse again once the beast arrives.

Thanks, Al

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode