Star Twin Custumer Service - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MVnFast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Star Twin Custumer Service

I have been trying to get in contact with Star Twin regarding an Spu that doesn't have power to the insturment cluster fuse. I have had a little luck getting them to answer emails but it has gone silent the past month or so . Since I'm from the states I cant seem to get my phone to call them. Has anyone else dealt with any returns etc from the states?

2006 Brutale 910s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVnFast View Post
I have been trying to get in contact with Star Twin regarding an Spu that doesn't have power to the insturment cluster fuse. I have had a little luck getting them to answer emails but it has gone silent the past month or so . Since I'm from the states I cant seem to get my phone to call them. Has anyone else dealt with any returns etc from the states?
Check your spam filters, they get caught in mine often. I last interacted with them in November and they did reply quickly.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Look at the SPU/Dashboard sticky above

There are at least 2 people that repair SPUs.....use SEARCH

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Look at the SPU/Dashboard sticky above [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

There are at least 2 people that repair SPUs.....use SEARCH
I just bought this one new from star twin. I don't want to pay to have it fixed and shouldn't have to if they are a legit company.

2006 Brutale 910s
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Star Twin trading is legitimate. I am sure they will get you sorted.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Quote:
Check your spam filters, they get caught in mine often. I last interacted with them in November and they did reply quickly.
Good advice. I found 1 email from a week ago in the spam folder. I'm not sure why only 1 email would go into spam after I had already been emailing them but it did. Thanks

2006 Brutale 910s
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

I should also add that they are exchanging the SPU and paying for the shipping. The lack of communication was my fault for not seeing the email.
Teeps likes this.

2006 Brutale 910s
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Make sure you've fixed all the damage you caused by installing the battery backwards.......I wouldn't be surprised if they
don't take electrical parts back ....all auto parts stores have signs saying that

As for calling them.....ever heard of Skype? it's free anywhere in the world computer to computer (or smartphone)
If they're not on Skype you'll need to buy Skype Out minutes...it allows you to call land lines in another country as a
local call

See the Skype icon on the bottom left under my location ?

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Quote:
Make sure you've fixed all the damage you caused by installing the battery backwards.......I wouldn't be surprised if they
don't take electrical parts back ....all auto parts stores have signs saying that

As for calling them.....ever heard of Skype? it's free anywhere in the world computer to computer (or smartphone)
If they're not on Skype you'll need to buy Skype Out minutes...it allows you to call land lines in another country as a
local call[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

See the Skype icon on the bottom left under my location ?
My old spu actually worked fine until I tried taking it apart but the new spu didnt have power to the dash fuse. My actual problem was the throttle position sensor as far as it running right. As far as I can tell hooking the battery up wrong didnt damage anything since I had the same issues before and after that incident. I replaced the diode anyway but it tested good. I would have thought it was a problem with the bike and not the SPU if it weren't for the fact that my old SPU powered the dash just fine.

2006 Brutale 910s
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
I should also add that they are exchanging the SPU and paying for the shipping. The lack of communication was my fault for not seeing the email.

Good response... And what I would have expected. Shame the message got lost in your spam folder. Glad you found it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode