Recommended MV Tech - Towcester UK - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes
  • 6 Post By Hawk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Recommended MV Tech - Towcester UK

Following the closure of Forza Italia in Silverstone, the middle of England has been a bit of a black hole for MV dealerships.

Having been told that the ex Forza Italia tech (Andy) has set up on his own a few miles away from the old Silverstone site, I decided to let him loose on my F4.

Thoroughly recommended - super nice guy, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and sensible prices to boot.

If my bike ever needs anything doing that I can't do myself, I will not hesitate to use Andy.

Contact details

Andy - Cocoa Café Classics
Unit 14 York's Farm Business Centre
Towcester, NN12 8EU

07876 711812

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Cheers, Hawk. That really is handy for those of us in the Midlands. Towcester is an hour from me which would be an hour well spent rather than have to frequent another MV dealer a similar distance in the other direction. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 03:31 AM

New Site Garage
Thanks, that's useful. Not that much less of a trip for me than Moto Corsa who I've been using for a while now, still a day out on the bike whichever option. Moto Corsa usually give me a bike to play on whilst mine's being worked on which swings it for me. Plus I feel, maybe falsely, that building a rapport/relationship with a dealership/workshop is beneficial in the longer term.

My next service will be the big one, including valve clearances, probably in August, not looking forward to the bill on that one.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 06-08-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Plus I feel, maybe falsely, that building a rapport/relationship with a dealership/workshop is beneficial in the longer term.
Don't think it's false at all. I firmly believe smaller enterprises still rely on 'cultivated relationships' to achieve their long-term goals. For the conglomerates, however, we are dispensable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
My next service will be the big one, including valve clearances, probably in August, not looking forward to the bill on that one.
Might be apples and oranges, but I recently had a big one (16,000 miles) done on my 2011 Blade, which included valve clearances, plugs, air filter, etc. £438.00 (US$587.00). Selling a kidney in the Philippines for the next one!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Andy is indeed great for anything that does not need a computer, so re-flashing and updates are out for starters, a real shame, especially as I may well have been Forza Italia's last new bike delivery, two weeks later they had gone.
I am using Krazy Horse at Bury St. Edmunds who are great on the service side but it means delivering my bike to them and returning a couple of days later to collect it, not ideal.

It's a definite maybe.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Might be apples and oranges, but I recently had a big one (16,000 miles) done on my 2011 Blade, which included valve clearances, plugs, air filter, etc. £438.00 (US$587.00). Selling a kidney in the Philippines for the next one!

Dare I say it; I think that's going to be cheap in comparison to the 18,000 mile one on the TV, we'll see, bracing myself for a hefty invoice. Added to which I'll need to book into a hotel for the night as they want it cool and for a full day. I'll hopefully deliver in the afternoon, collect a loan bike and return the following afternoon to collect. Not too sure if they'll let me have one of their demo bikes overnight though...

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode