Another UK MV dealer gone - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Another UK MV dealer gone

Moto Forza Italia at Silverstone have closed. A real shame, I'd had excellent service from them in the 18 months I've owned my TV. Martin, Tracey and Andy the mechanic are all really decent people, I hope all is well with them.
from their website:
Moto Forza Italia

Following a number of recent changes to our circumstances, both business and personal, we have realised we are unable to continue running Moto Forza Italia as a business and, as such, have taken the difficult decision to close the business with immediate effect.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
We would however like to thank everyone for their continued support over the past 20 years.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r6ymy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
What a shame. I made a trip over there last weekend to see about getting my bike serviced in a couple of weeks. They did mention that they might be moving to a new unit at the site but it appeared to be business as usual. They also mentioned a new U.K. dealership opening up in Wolverhampton. If you look on the UK MV website it now lists MV Agusta West Midlands at the same address as Ducati Wolverhampton. This must be very recent as the listed website link doesn't work yet and there's no mention of MV on the existing Ducati Wolverhampton website.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:23 AM

New Site Garage
Oh dear That's a crap bit of news. Explains the somewhat odd rejection of my business in February when I asked if I could book my MV in for a service in April. Was told that they were relocating and couldn't be sure that they would have a functioning workshop by then. When I spoke to them late last year after Ed Cosker went out if business they were keen. From what I heard when I was at Motocorsa the other day; they were having their lease terminated (or not renewed) by Silverstone, their landlord, as the site was going to be redeveloped. If there are other personal factors in play then it doesn't suprise me.

A shame as by all accounts Martin and Tracy have a great reputation and a long history as an MV dealership. I dropped in for a chat last summer, lovely people. I wish them all the best.

Ducati Wolverhampton... if it's just them taking up the franchise for the area... no thanks, 'nuf said. Will continue with Motocorsa despite the distance to travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:36 AM

This has come of a bit a of a surprise to me, I was only there 3 weeks ago.

I had dealt with Martin, Tracey and Andy throughout the 4 years of ownership of my F3, I found them to be honest reliable and one of the best dealers I have had the pleasure to deal with.

I would like to wish them all the best for the future.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:14 AM

What a real shame they were really helpful to me earlier in 2016 and obviously will be sadly missed by many.Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Seems Wolverhampton Ducati may have had rights to the MV Agusta West Mids franchise for a while...or at least the name!

MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED was formed on the 15th September 2003 (filed on the 30th June 2016) , and are based in Ducati Wolverhampton, High Street. They are currently rated N and are considered to represent a below average risk score. Their credit score was last updated on 31st October 2015 when it was changed to the current N from D. Companies house classifies them as Dormant. This information was last updated on the 9th February 2017.

There are 2 major shareholders listed for MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED with Anthony Dawson and Dawn Dawson owning the most shares by value.

Shame....with Ed Cosker's going out of business, I was hoping Sliverstone would be my next visit...

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S
MV Corse cat delete and cans

2012/14 MV F4
QD exhaust & classy red rim tape!
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:20 AM

A real shame indeed, dealers like them are becoming fewer and farther afield now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew fotheringham View Post
What a real shame they were really helpful to me earlier in 2016 and obviously will be sadly missed by many.Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.
I agree where do you now go to get your MV serviced without travelling a substantial distance? Matters over here are not looking too good either, very much get the impression that the dealer has had enough with MV...looks like France will be my best bet before too long! I had better sign up to those evening classes in French.

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 03-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:31 AM

New Site Garage
Thats a shame thats were i bought my 910s from good to deal with
delivered bike as requested no problems also bought carbon parts for my cagiva v raptor from them
always good to deal with.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:45 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew fotheringham View Post
Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.
Have you tried Motocorsa? Can't be any further than Silverstone for you, possibly closer. Maybe not quite as nice a ride though...

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Have you tried Motocorsa? Can't be any further than Silverstone for you, possibly closer. Maybe not quite as nice a ride though...
Thanks mate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode