MV - crap supply of spare parts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

MV - crap supply of spare parts

So last April I stacked my 2011 F4. And yes, I did cry when I saw that piece of artwork looking less than pristine. The skin grafts on my hand made me cry almost as much...

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a write off but no, the insurance company decide to fix it. I selected a top crash shop here in Adelaide to do the job - last time, with a different bike, I went through a big chain bike shop and was left bike less for 6 months.

So my repairer immediately tallied up the damage and ordered the parts he could not fix and respray. He went through a Dutch company (I'm not sure of the exact details) who liaise with the MV factory.

Long story short, over four months later and I am still waiting for panels and a mirror!!

I've tried complaining to MV Australia and haven't even had a reply. When this last happened to me, with KTM, it pissed me off so much I swore off that brand for good. I love my MV, but this lack of customer support must surely shit anyone who crashes and wants their bike back!

Is there anyone else I can pester to speed up this ridiculously long process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 01:57 AM

New Site Garage
I have no idea why this is taking so long, the Company you're talking about in Europe might be forum sponsor Star Twin Trading, have you emailed them by any chance?
As far repairs, there's a lot of good secondhand body parts all over eBay, maybe check them out. At the moment MV is on summer holidays as much of Italy and Spain do every year, for a whole month.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dons. I'll contact my repairer tomorrow and ask who he is dealing with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 07:21 AM

Well I ordered a new rear indicator for my 2012 F3 through both Peter Stevens and Mototecnic in February this year and guess what .. still no indicator. All I want is an orange lens but have to but the complete indicator. And I have been keeeping an eye on e-bay for the OEM part. The joys of Italian bikes
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Soooo. After a Facebook post I received a call from Dale, who works for MV in Australia and New Zealand. He was very keen to help. He said they normally get parts in the air within five days of ordering, which would have been great, but I wouldn't believe it until I was actually the beneficiary - I've had too many years of waiting for stuff to arrive!
Anyway, after speaking with my repairer he said Star Twin (thanks Nels!) have told him my parts are two weeks away from now. After waiting four months already, that really sucks, but I guess I'll have to put up with it.
All this really does for me is reinforce the fact that if I crash, I want to do such a bloody good job at it the bike is written off, and I can be on another MV in two weeks, rather than waiting months. It's not good enough that a don't have a bike for a third of a year. Not good enough at all.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfiend41 View Post
I want to do such a bloody good job at it the bike is written off.

Here's a thought,
Try not crashing............

Cheers
Terry
2011 F4
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that input Captain Obvious. I'll try to keep that in mind.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

So here I am, almost five months after my crash, and I'm still waiting for parts. I read through the Star Twin threads and it seems they have a great rep for delivering parts asap - my repairer told me he's getting stuff within a week of being notified by Star Twin they have received the part from MV - which leads to the sole conclusion that the factory is to blame.

I don't know what is causing this, whether there is financial turmoil, the workers are having an extended holiday or fucking what, but I am seriously pissed off.
Once again, a fantastic bike let down by poor parts supply. I might as well ride a bloody GSXR (my mate's fell off its stand, cracked fairing and engine casing - parts turned up in three weeks) and forget about having a sexy Italian bike. It drives me nuts. The biggest problem for me is I'm so fed up, I'm falling out of love with the bike. I hope when (if???) I get it back I'll feel that same passion, but right now, there's a very sour taste in my mouth over this.

Rant over.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 06:28 PM

Mv parts are annoying. I broke the tail piece off my R1M (which is more limited edition than most MVs) and had the part from yamaha in 4 days. Can't beat that.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 05:29 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfiend41 View Post
So here I am, almost five months after my crash, and I'm still waiting for parts. I read through the Star Twin threads and it seems they have a great rep for delivering parts asap - my repairer told me he's getting stuff within a week of being notified by Star Twin they have received the part from MV - which leads to the sole conclusion that the factory is to blame.

I don't know what is causing this, whether there is financial turmoil, the workers are having an extended holiday or fucking what, but I am seriously pissed off.
So, you don't say where the parts where coming from originally, was it also from MV via Star Twin ?

You do realise that MV and most of Italy and Spain close for a month, every year, this time of the year (August), and that MV was also shut for other reasons (financial re-shuffle) for more than a month?

I hope you get sorted mate, doesn't seem right to me, I've never had to wait that long for any parts.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode