Purchase of a new MV Agusta Brutale Drasgter - Hampshire MV Agusta issues! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Purchase of a new MV Agusta Brutale Drasgter - Hampshire MV Agusta issues!

Hello Fellow MV Owners, I’ve been lucky enough to be able to part ex my 2001 Yamaha r6 in and get myself a new MV Agusta Brulate Dragster. This was purchased for my MV Dealer in the UK from Hampshire MV Agusta in Portsmouth.
I signed all the finance agreement and all other paperwork back in April 2016, and asked the garage to provide crash protectors on the bike before I pick it up, Firstly I had to wait for 6 weeks to be able to ride away on this beast! The garage just keep telling me the same thing over and over “We are still waiting for the COC documents from Italy to be able to register the bike”

Eventually I took the opportunity to call another MV Dealer and the lady was very helpful and I explain my issue, she mentioned she has dealt with the process of the COC several times and confirmed this would only take around a week maybe 2 at max. I thought straight away that Hampshire MV were taking the micky.

Anyway I called them and explain I have spoken to someone from a different MV Garage and explain what she said. All of a sudden my bike was ready to be collected that afternoon? Sounded all a bit funny to me.
I went to go and pick my bike up and to my surprise there was no crash protectors on her and the rear sets where no longer on the bike, so straight away I mentioned this and the sales lady “Sarah” mentioned she forgot to order them!.
With it being new and only having 10miles covered (From where the mechanic took it out twice while I was finalising the purchase on the day of pickup) I didn’t expect there to be a mark on it. I owned the bike for 2 days, upon looking at the bike I noticed there was several chips and marks (About 10) around my gold powder coated wheels. I called straight away and mentioned this and Hampshire MV confirmed for me to pop down so they can have a look and re-fit my rear sets they had stolen from me.

My wheel was taken and replaced with a spare they had at the garage, this was taken into them on the 28th May and still not returned to this day (19/07/16)
When I last called and spoke to Sarah in regards to this she booked me in for Saturday 9th. But then called me the day before to confirm she had my wheel but wasn’t happy with the final finish as some of the paint had run on the rim. She confirmed she will get this sent back to be re-done. I called the garage the following week and was told I am booked in for Saturday to have the wheel re-fitted.

Went to the garage on Saturday and to my surprise Sarah wasn’t there and was told there is no wheel at the garage. Mike at Hampshire MV called the coachwork company this is being repaired at and they haven’t even painted it. After Mike called the coachworks company he had a chat to me and mentioned no to believe what Sarah tells you as she says things which hasn’t happened or is not true and went on to tell me the rim was damage at their garage and they touched it up hoping I wouldn’t notice!!!

I have been lied to and robbed from this dealer, and I’m not sure how I stand of what to do??

My main concern is this is supposed to be an Official MV Dealer and all they do is lie and bluff you over all the time.

I am due my 1st service on this bike in around 200 miles and feel I cannot trust the garage to service my bike if they can’t even tell me the truth about my rim, I’ve had nothing but trouble.
Any thoughts or help on this please guys! I love the bike but the customer service sucks… Sorry for such a long post as well 

Last edited by Stevendaymv16; 07-21-2016 at 03:29 AM. Reason: text error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 AM

New Site Garage
That sucks Steven and your not the first to complain about them and their after sales care and service. Some people rave about them but not as many as those that complain. They're cheap for servicing etc but what good that when the service is so poor.

Would that be Sarah Tyson then, the co owner and wife of Dave Tyson. If it is then that's not a very good thing to hear from one of their employees is it and something that's unlikely to change in a hurry either?

I certainly wouldn't get you bike serviced there, where about's do you live? Who's your next nearest dealer? I'm in Bournemouth so I use Moto Corsa near Shaftsbury. Their not the cheapest that's for sure, a first service will cost you £180-£200 but they know their stuff (Hampshire MV call them when they get stuck ).

Gold rims on a Dragster? Was that some sort of special that Hampshire MV had made up? Wonder if they had the wheel powder coated properly or just bodged it and had them sprayed over?

I guess your just going to have to wait out on them getting the wheel sorted as its nothing to do with MV (special colour) and you you couldn't even go to another MV dealer for advise or support to take it up with MV Italy. As for the crash protectors through, if they haven't got them then just ask for your money back and buy them from elsewhere?

Good luck, keep us posted.....

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:26 PM

Welcome to the forum mate. Sorry to hear of your problems with the dealer. It really sucks when they take you for a ride like that. At least you've chosen a great bike.
ENJOY!

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 02:30 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Steven, welcome to the fold.
I don't know the garage and owners at all but from what you've described they simply don't care about their bead and butter (you the customer).
Totally unacceptable. Sounds like they are not focused and do not care about the business and at that rate they probably won't have one for much longer as they aren't even able to cultivate loyal staff.
Drop them! Cut your loses and make sure as you've done no one else makes the same mistake.
Enjoy the bike. They are stunning.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 04:36 PM

I bought my Brutale from them in Nov 2014. I have to say I found Sarah to be really nice and she in fact dealt with my px and the sale. When I got the bike I asked them to post the paperwork and charger etc on to me as didn't fancy carrying it the 50 miles home. When it arrived it still had the registration papers that they should have sent off to enable any warranty and also some registration paperwork that should have gone to DVLC. I sent it back to her and asked her to action it which she did.

I took the bike back cause it ran poorly and was unrideable in sport mode asking them to balance the throttle bodies as I had a hunch this was the fault. They charged me £89 and said they were all in balance. I rode the 50 miles home and bike was the same. While cleaning it I spotted parts of the plastic covers were hanging off where their mechanic had just put the screws in by hand and started them but not tightened them up. Having seen this I decided to do the whole job myself to make sure it had been done properly and found the throttle bodies were really badly out of balance so they hadn't balanced them at all. The bike ran really sweetly after I balanced them. Needless to say they have never serviced my bike as I do not want their so called mechanic anywhere near it.
I take mine to Alfs Motorcycles another MV dealer in Worthing. They are knowledgeable people and excellent mechanics and even replaced my starter sprag clutch under warranty after 2000 miles even though I hadn't even bought it from them. They will be getting my custom come new bike time next year for sure.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM

Hi Steven sorry to hear of your troubles, the dealer you mention does seem to fail some new owners on occasions, like Ackers (Chris) has said there are dealer's around who do consistently give great service to MV owners Moto Corsa being one. Give us a clue where you are located and the guys here will point you to a dealer who really does do it right.

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:23 AM

Hi Steven, and welcome. I remember seeing your dragster for sale at Hampshire MV when I took my bike for it's 4k service there. Only been there once and Sarah was fine as was the service . They fitted me in at fairly short notice and charged a sensible price. The bike ran smoother after a map update also.
I wanted to use alfs in Worthing but they wouldn't service the bike at a weekend at all and insisted it had to be a week day which I just can't do as it's a 200 mile round trip.
I think Dean has used mv Hampshire quite a lot and has always been impressed with them.
I hope you get things sorted ASAP.

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 09:43 AM

New Site Garage
I get my bike serviced by them and can 100% say no problems. Sarah is spot on. You are having issues no doubt but speak with them about it and let them put it right

There are issues with MV at the moment but a select few dealers like Hampshire and Bennetts to name 2 that I have used really do go out their way to sort things

It sounds like you are frustrated and it can feel like that but a call to them would probably be better then sticking it on here to be honest but thats only my personal opinion

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post

It sounds like you are frustrated and it can feel like that but a call to them would probably be better then sticking it on here to be honest but thats only my personal opinion
I have to disagree, he already called them repeatedly and gave them every chance to make it right. This is the next logical step, ask for help and advice, maybe find other people with similar experiences.

The same way you're giving positive feedback, he should be able to give negative feedback. I appreciate both.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 AM

its a shame, i bought my F4 from them in November last year and found them to be spot on. Dave and Sarah were attentive and really nice.

One thing that may be an impact is their race team, I bought my bike in the off-season so while they probably were not as busy as they are in the race season. I know I was flat out during the season and that was not BSB level. I could see how they might be distracted during the season especially given the issues that exist with the race version of the F3, the crashes and the loss of Jake Dixon as a result.

I'm not suggesting that this is an excuse for your issues, rather as a reason why some like myself and Dean have had a much different experience to you.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode