MotoComposites for Carbon bits - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

MotoComposites for Carbon bits

Does anyone have experience with MotoComposites for carbon fiber bits for thir bikes? Their prices seem very reasonable:

1995 Honda CBR F3 - Ran over while parked :*(
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Sold
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s - Current

Last edited by Donsy; 08-23-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:49 PM

Yes, the weave is good and the fitment is ok. the coating is somewhat weak so put some clear film on the pits that are exposed to road debris.

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Established Member

Bought a carbon keyguard from them. Quality and fitment were very good.
Attached Images

2008 MV Brutale 910R
2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
Bought a carbon keyguard from them. Quality and fitment were very good.
What did you use for the rubber surround? Did you just get it from a local auto parts store?

1995 Honda CBR F3 - Ran over while parked :*(
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Sold
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s - Current
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtonsbs5114 View Post
What did you use for the rubber surround? Did you just get it from a local auto parts store?
I re-used the factory rubber trim. It was in excellent condition despite being 8 years old.

2008 MV Brutale 910R
2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC ABS
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 03:48 PM

I got a rear seat cowl from them, fit well, finish good. Can't fault it (yet).

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:05 PM

I came across some cf airtubes from motocomposites that are sitting on my tv. They look damn close to the stock cf ones that came on the F4 Oro that I have fitted on my 312R.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 12:31 PM

They are still trying to make a set of rear tail tail fairings for my F4 after 1.5 years of failing to get a decently fitting set. ONE AND A HALF YEARS! I am on my third set from them and it still has huge fitment problems. I have ordered whole bunch of parts from them and the fitment is good on some pieces bad on other pieces and completely off for select items. Unfortunately I am stuck with ordering from them because nobody else makes the carbon weave pattern I have on all my pieces.

There is one good thing with them is that they are actually trying to make it right and keep replacing the badly fitting pieces. that being said, when I asked for a refund for that tail piece, they told me that after spending $200 on shipping charges they cant give me a refund. Although it is their problem, I am not an a-hole and I understand the struggle on their part. Last chance on that tail piece. If it does not fit, I am calling my credit card.

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 AM

TIP ... On Ducatis the Key surround needs to have a clip on the underside or the anti theft ring will slide down and the bike will not start . I also did the Carbon fiber key surround on my MVF4 but do no recall if MV uses the same ring type set up .
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 11:54 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
They are still trying to make a set of rear tail tail fairings for my F4 after 1.5 years of failing to get a decently fitting set. ONE AND A HALF YEARS! I am on my third set from them and it still has huge fitment problems. I have ordered whole bunch of parts from them and the fitment is good on some pieces bad on other pieces and completely off for select items. Unfortunately I am stuck with ordering from them because nobody else makes the carbon weave pattern I have on all my pieces.

There is one good thing with them is that they are actually trying to make it right and keep replacing the badly fitting pieces. that being said, when I asked for a refund for that tail piece, they told me that after spending $200 on shipping charges they cant give me a refund. Although it is their problem, I am not an a-hole and I understand the struggle on their part. Last chance on that tail piece. If it does not fit, I am calling my credit card.
The problem is they don't make the CF parts themselves and buy them in from a third party.. The mould that is being used has been taken from an original OEM part and therefore is a fraction larger.. It's not by much, but on certain parts it makes a big difference to the end fitment.. I struggled for months with the same part you're referring to and in the end gave up.. ( there's also an element of flexibility in the OEM part material, which doesn't help when you're making a mould out of it).. I refuse to order this part from the manufacture.

I know where they get their parts from and I suspect they're going to struggle to achieve an adequate finish if you're critical about panel gaps and spot on alignment.

That said, I hope MotoComposites manage to sort a fix for you and you don't have to resort to your credit card..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
TIP ... On Ducatis the Key surround needs to have a clip on the underside or the anti theft ring will slide down and the bike will not start . I also did the Carbon fiber key surround on my MVF4 but do no recall if MV uses the same ring type set up .
You're right, MV don't use this security chip on their ignition cover set up..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode