MV dealer closing its doors. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

MV dealer closing its doors.

Vancouver has just lost its only MV dealer. Pacific Motosports has abandoned it Guzzi, BMW, Triumph and Agusta dealerships to deal only in Ducati.

I think the all day return trip to the next nearest dealer is going to continue to guarantee my Brutale is unique in this city.

1969 T350
1983 RZ350
2001 RC51, gone but not forgotten
2014 CB650F, for sale...
2015 Brutale 800 RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 05:01 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrally View Post
Vancouver has just lost its only MV dealer. Pacific Motosports has abandoned it Guzzi, BMW, Triumph and Agusta dealerships to deal only in Ducati.

I think the all day return trip to the next nearest dealer is going to continue to guarantee my Brutale is unique in this city.
Wow. If they can't make BMW work, I'm not sure how they'll survive being Ducati only. There were several Ducati-only dealers in the states that went under in the mid 2000's.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 02:24 AM
cus

So where is the next nearest dealer ? Used to fly to and around the sunshine coast when I lived in Canada, lovely part of the world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

I'll have to use this as an excuse to do more road trips. Calgary has a dealer (about 12 hours away) and Spunky's in Parksville (about 5 hours plus ferry wait times). Seattle is only 2 hours away, but the Canadian dollar isn't making that very appealing right now.

Not sure how well they'll do as a Duc dealer only, there are other Duc and BMW dealers in town. But Ducati seems to have a hold on people the same way HD does.

Perhaps the building they are/were in is cursed. They aren't the first dealer in there to fold up.

I have no problem doing my own maintenance and pretty much anything can be purchased over the net now, but anything involving hooking the computer up to the bike is a dealer only thing. Perhaps that doesn't actually need to happen that often?

1969 T350
1983 RZ350
2001 RC51, gone but not forgotten
2014 CB650F, for sale...
2015 Brutale 800 RR
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 11:16 AM

Don't go to Calgary, I've heard nothing but terrible things about Blackfoot Motorsports and their service department. I use Edmonton (Echo Cycle) for anything I need now. MV Agusta of Calgary was good when they were open, but they dropped everything except for HD now.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:37 PM

New Site Garage
Bummer news. It's no wonder people usually only buy Harleys or Japanese bikes. (which I have several)
Poor dealer support for the European brands.
We actually just gained a new (small) MV dealer here in the Mpls area. So that's a positive.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 07:59 PM

Just got back from the Motorcycle Show in Toronto. I asked a Motovan rep if they are still importing MV's to Canada and they said no. Explains why there was absolutely no MV presence at the show. I suspect dealership support is about to die across Canada.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 07:53 PM

I was disappointed to not see MV at the show in Vancouver, as I really wanted to see the TV. I was talking to another vendor and they were saying there are rumblings about purchase of MV by Piaggio?? Also not so clear whether Pacific left BMW/Guzzi/Triumph or vice versa. I stopped in there one day and received very poor customer service. Took two sales guys and a manual to remove the bags from a Stradale.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:28 PM

New Site Garage
I talked to the MV Canada rep at the Calgary show. Can't imagine why they wouldn't have gotten to the others. Blackfoot in Calgary just got MV recently, but I began doing my own maintenance before that, as I was being charged $400 per oil change because of the labour for 3hrs of checks. They went through the checklist every time! I've heard the dealer in Edmonton is good.

Like chwebby said, MV Agusta of Calgary closed up everything except HD, as they were originally an HD dealer, this wasn't overly shocking. Shame, they had Ducati, Royal Enfield, MV, and Indian, but it sounded like HD pushed them to drop all the others.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser View Post
Just got back from the Motorcycle Show in Toronto. I asked a Motovan rep if they are still importing MV's to Canada and they said no. Explains why there was absolutely no MV presence at the show. I suspect dealership support is about to die across Canada.
Moto Van no longer the importer? WTF
Well I'll be sure to tell Tim Massarelli, the MV Agusta Canada rep about that because someone was lying to one of us! I asked Tim about the lack of MV's at the show among many other things. He told me that with no new bikes to show and no Toronto dealer to support the booth there was no way he was paying for a spot and then being the only one there. He went on to say that the new for 2016 B3 800's for Canada were just about to start down the assembly line. Why say that if they're packing it in? There's a story there somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmonster View Post
I was disappointed to not see MV at the show in Vancouver, as I really wanted to see the TV. I was talking to another vendor and they were saying there are rumblings about purchase of MV by Piaggio?? Also not so clear whether Pacific left BMW/Guzzi/Triumph or vice versa. I stopped in there one day and received very poor customer service. Took two sales guys and a manual to remove the bags from a Stradale.
See above for same reason why no MV's for the other shows. No local dealer means no MV presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
I talked to the MV Canada rep at the Calgary show. Can't imagine why they wouldn't have gotten to the others. Blackfoot in Calgary just got MV recently, but I began doing my own maintenance before that, as I was being charged $400 per oil change because of the labour for 3hrs of checks. They went through the checklist every time! I've heard the dealer in Edmonton is good.

Like chwebby said, MV Agusta of Calgary closed up everything except HD, as they were originally an HD dealer, this wasn't overly shocking. Shame, they had Ducati, Royal Enfield, MV, and Indian, but it sounded like HD pushed them to drop all the others.
Blackfoot would have done Calgary and Echo would have covered Edmonton. That's why those two shows had bikes.

Still it's sad state of affairs when they are supposed to be building a dealer network yet they can't afford, (or are to lazy) to promote the brand in key market cities. Heck, Tim wasn't even wearing any MV branding. I at least had on my European Motorsports MV "T" shirt and MV Agusta coat that the wife had custom made for me.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode