What has happened to Muzzy USA ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Question What has happened to Muzzy USA ?

Hello Guys & Gals

Anyone know if Muzzy is still going ?.. I've tried their Muzzy.com website, but its been down for weeks..

Has anyone bought anything from them lately or has anyone got a contact email address for them. ?

Cheers
J

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Unhappy

Balls

Some guys at Kawasaki sent me this link.

http://superbikeplanet.com/2016/Jan/...zzyclosing.htm

That is sad news and possibly an end to a era of a great firm with racing history in their DNA..

If any of you guys still have some of their alloy cooling fans, I suggest you hold on to them..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Question

By the way... Who moved this thread into "No Mans Land" of the Industry review section ?

EMAIL :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Site Sponsor

Hi John - Unfortunately they've shut down. I got as many of the F4 sets as possible, while they were still in business, none in stock now, all sold out. Still have their Ducati and Brutale ones in stock.

Take care!

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

916 276-1080 cell
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

Balls

Some guys at Kawasaki sent me this link.

http://superbikeplanet.com/2016/Jan/...zzyclosing.htm

That is sad news and possibly an end to a era of a great firm with racing history in their DNA..

If any of you guys still have some of their alloy cooling fans, I suggest you hold on to them..

Wondered where your thread had gone!.....anyway I found it......

Now that is bad news John!........,I wanted some of their stuff....

I still have a set of their Brutale metal fan blades......gonna hold onto them now!

Sad indeed that they are now gone!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racing View Post
Hi John - Unfortunately they've shut down. I got as many of the F4 sets as possible, while they were still in business, none in stock now, all sold out. Still have their Ducati and Brutale ones in stock.

Take care!
Thanks for the clarification Alex.. That's what I suspected and it's sad that we're just starting to enter a new chapter in motorbike history, when some of the well establish names call it a day.

Good luck with the sale of your remaining Ducati and Brutale Muzzy fan blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
Wondered where your thread had gone!.....anyway I found it......

Now that is bad news John!........,I wanted some of their stuff....

I still have a set of their Brutale metal fan blades......gonna hold onto them now!

Sad indeed that they are now gone!
Hi Brian

It is depressing news when a big name like Muzzy call it a day and can't find a new buying to continue the legacy. Shame really..

Me and my mates have discussed this situation loads of times down the pub about the various UK firms of great engineers.

What are we going to do when the likes of Richard at P&M, Martin at Rustler Racing and many, many other brilliant, talented true engineers retire.. There's very little new home grown blood coming through the race/engineering field to replace these guys.

Even the Harris Brothers called it a day last year and sold the whole business to the Indian Royal Enfield owners.

A lot of the new CNC parts are made in the Far East and mainly for the current generation bikes.. There's very little in the way of skilled people in the motorbike world prepared to make one off parts for race or custom bikes over here, unless its going to be large production batch.

I still have some F4 Muzzy blades left in stock, which I'm keeping for my own bike when I get round to putting it back together.

If I was you Brian, I'd hold onto those Muzzy parts, because you never know when you're going to need them and I can't see them being available again in the near future..

As far as the Muzzy part that I'm after, would you believe it that Nige ( you know which one ) said he might have a pair in stock and is getting back to me next Friday when he gets home and checks out his stock ..

I didn't see that coming

EMAIL :
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

Hi Brian

As far as the Muzzy part that I'm after, would you believe it that Nige ( you know which one ) said he might have a pair in stock and is getting back to me next Friday when he gets home and checks out his stock ..

I didn't see that coming

In the words of 'Victor Meldrew'..............."I DON'T BELIEVE IT"!!!
(He wouldn't do that for me....,he must be mellowing!?)

Totally agree with your sentiments regarding the demise of these valuable assets to the motorcycle industry!.
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 02-09-2016 at 06:20 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Was a big Scott Russell fan back in the day and because he was sponsored by Muzzy I had one of their full systems on my ZZR 1100. Weighed nowt and sounded awesome.

Tough to be a manufacturer in the west these days. Too bad.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Didn't help that Kawasaki pulled out of professional road racing when DMG took over the US series and ruined it.
Maybe he'll come back when (if) Kawasaki joins the fray in MotoAmerica series.....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM

Cooling Fans

Hello GP Racing, if you still have any that will fit Ducati, I definitely wish to purchase.

Motor is "Flat Motor" SSW-9679E addition numbers on the fan are:
9825A

Thank you!

Vince

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode