Melbourne - Mototechnic - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Melbourne - Mototechnic

Hi all,

I've taken my F4 750 EVO3 in to Mototechnic and am wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them.

Took her in start of August and they've done an inspection and found several things wrong.
- cracked exchaust
- front wheel bearings
- electrical issues (the bike wasn't starting)
- battery (they said i needed a new one but this was 6 weeks old - if that)
- oil leaks (gaskets are shitty)

The guy who was working on the bike went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and left little notes in the system (i went in to see them today but all I got was "need to speak to Drew")

I was quoted 1200 to fix all of the above but advised them to just do the electrical and gaskets. This is 620 (quoted over the phone)...

How long should it take for a shop to replace gaskets? (from when they wheel it onto the operating table)

What do you all think about pricing vs work that needs to be done?

Duvall
Melbourne, Australia
MV Agusta F4 750 EV03
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sold: Aprilia RSV 1000 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 03:18 AM

New Site Garage
Which gasket Duvall, was it the sump, leaking around the side stand ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 05:01 AM

I've had several dealings with them and so far no complaints, even serviced my 1090RR, and if you have seen my 1090RR you would know I wont just let anyone touch it!! Owning an MV can be an expensive hobby, I'm fortunate that I'm in a position to "yes " on nearly anything that goes wrong and whatever she needs she gets.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 06:55 AM

Well unfortunately they have big overheads,But i have spoken to them a few times via phone and email and they sound like they know the Mv brand pretty well.Still we probably need more info,are they waiting on parts etc etc etc.Your going to have to get the full story.What brand of battery did you put in ,tell them to test it as it is new and you already have warranty on it.If you do not push them then nothing will happen.

Ask the questions.

cheers eddy
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Cool. I have to wait for the guy (Drew) to come back from holidays but I'll post up the stuff. He didn't leave good notes for the others to go off (no price or anything) which made me lose a little bit of confidence.

But a couple of good write ups here is enough for me to feel ok about it all.

Not sure Dons, but that will be one of them, i think. The mechanic was pretty unsure about the whole affair and really wanted to wait for Drew to get back. There wasn't much transparency but i did take some photos... I'll see if i can get them up now or just mms you them.

Duvall
Melbourne, Australia
MV Agusta F4 750 EV03

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 02:59 AM

New Site Garage
Unfortunately labour prices is our Countries own worst enemy at the moment Duvall.
There's a bit of work to do, sump gasket is a pain in the arse, so in all honesty I don't think that price is too bad. Save up and get it all done, you need that cracked exhaust done, and you have no choice on front wheel bearings.
It's a pity about the battery, I've revived many a "dead" lead battery with by charger, hell it helped my standard last for maybe 4 years.

Hope to catch up while I'm over there dude.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Cool, Dons. Let me know if you can catch up at the track or just around Melb. They've done an excellent job on the electronics and I'll post up the remainder of the work to be done when i get the quote. They've lowered it further to 500 which is cool but i wanna ride it to get a feel of what's wrong before giving the ok for the rest of it. And see what you think. Maybe there's stuff i can do first and for the harder stuff, give to them.

I'd rather give it a go first otherwise i don't learn

Duvall
Melbourne, Australia
MV Agusta F4 750 EV03

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Labour is 120-130 i think which is standard over here. I'm thinking 400 on labor and 100 on gaskets and parts. I'll post it all up tomorrow

Duvall
Melbourne, Australia
MV Agusta F4 750 EV03

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 AM

New Site Garage
Always had great service from them. Bought the bike from them, servicing & work prices are pretty reasonable. Most of my experience with them has been warranty work.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

I have my bike back! - here's my experience

Now... here's the story... THE BACKGROUND
I call Mototechnic late July and had Adam from Action Towing (this guy is a legend and TOTALLY recommend him for motorcycle moving) take the bike to Mototechnic August 1st. Drew later quoted me 1200 for ALL repairs on the bike (I know, this can fluctuate when you find other things) and gave me a list of items. Out of those items I only asked for the gaskets (oil leaks) and electrical items to be fixed... along with the chain because there was rust on it. He then quoted me 620. I said ok... do it. For the first couple of weeks I called him to see if there was any progress but they hadn't seen to it. I had plenty of time so it didn't phase me at all... I left it. I go and see them on Monday 28th as I had heard nothing from them. I was advised that it was due to be worked on Tuesday 29th. I get a text on Oct 1st advising it was ready and the cost had dropped to 500.

Which brings me to yesterday - pick up bike day
So, I had a friend drop me off to pick up my bike and follow me home. I pay Adrian at Mototechnic $500, scored the attached documentation and rode away... 50m up the road I change lanes and indicate; the indicators stay on. I test the other side, stay on for that side. So I turn around and take it back.

First guys looks at it and then disappears, then Adrian comes out. Has a look and says it's probably the tail tidy (LED lights) and the resisters that are causing that behaviour (he really hated the tailtidy - it's attached). I tell him that it was working perfectly fine for a couple of years since I installed them... NEVER had a problem, even after the bike got shipped to Melb. I pointed to the indicator relay (I've had this problem before) and said last time I had this issue was with the relay. He fiddled around a bit and took the Power relay off. He got another one from the back (wired it up) and plugged it in. Again... the left indicators went on when indicating left and right with right. So he switched the connectors around and HORAAAAY the indicators are behaving as they should. He still blamed the tail tidy though (this is most frustrating) and handed me back the power relay. Then proceeded to charge me $20 for it (I think it still works - maybe changing the connectors around on that would have fixed the problem in the first place?)

So now I'm good to go... apart from the bike smoking (like oil is dripping on something hot under the tank/airbox and a big waft of smoke comes up around the ignition/key) it's running good.

The electrical work done on the bike looks professional and mint.

Now... the second attachment is the work to be done on the bike...

THIS HAS NOW INFLATED TO A WHOPPING 2000 fucking dollars!!!

The reason for the plate holder was due to the fact that it does sit on a 45 degree angle and extend to the end of the rear tyre. I said to him "didn't they change that rule to say you don't need to have that anymore?" and Adrian says that the law still applied but mentioned a technicality for another group.
I'm going to wipe 352.6 off the quote because it just simply does not need to be done. (num plate holder/plate holder/reflector/gasket)
I have a spare sprocket that I can wipe 399 off the bill.
I need to have the front wheel bearings done and sundries... but what do you think, Dons? (and everyone else...)

my mate who was there said Adrian was a bit "stand off ish" and I get that also... I get a lot of "not sure, speak to someone else" type which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. The quality of work done is fucking brilliant (with the exception of plugging the power relay around the wrong way - that happens, I guess) I call them, they answer... customer service over the phone is excellent.

I hate the fact that he blamed my tail tidy for the indicators, fixed the work they had done on the power relay, then it worked...
Attached Images

Duvall
Melbourne, Australia
MV Agusta F4 750 EV03

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode