Bad Carbonvani Front Fender - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Bad Carbonvani Front Fender

After 9 weeks of placing my order for a Carbonvani front fender for the Dragster, I received what is probably the worst carbon fiber I have ever seen. The fender did not even come close to fitting correctly and no modification could have corrected it. Bellissimoto tried to get Carbonvani to correct it but they refused to accept there was anything wrong, even after seeing the pictures below. Bellissimoto returned my money saying that Carbonvani never did agree to correct this.

Attached please find photos of the OEM MV Agusta Dragsrer front fender side by side with the Carbonvani front fender. These pictures clearly show how different these fenders are, in particular the design differences shown in Photo 4.

Photo 1 - Shows the relative size difference. The Carbonvani is larger all around. (OEM on the right)

Photo 2 - Another photo showing the size differences. I put a bolt through the bottom hole on both fenders connecting them to demonstrate the longer leg on the Carbonvani fender. This is one of the reasons the Carbonvani fender sits high (OEM on the left)

Photo 3 - Close up showing the longer legs on the Carbonvani fender. The Carbonvani leg is also twisted inward incorrectly (OEM on the left)

Photo 4 - This shows the main design difference and another reason the Carbonvani fender sits higher. The OEM fender leg has an open sleeve that wraps around the fork fender connector arm, whereas the Carbonvani fender has a closed sleeve design where the top of the sleeve rests on the top of the fork fender connector arm pushing the fender upward. (OEM on the left)

Photo 5 - Shows how the Carbonvani fender sits too high due the closed sleeve design and that the holes are not aligned to connect to the forks fender connector arms.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

I not sure why my photos are being denied.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS22 View Post
I not sure why my photos are being denied.
All 5 photos are showing in your first post.
I will delete the duplicates....

Pretty obvious they have a dimensional problem !!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode