North American Warhorse / NAW - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

North American Warhorse / NAW

My experience....... North American Warhorse

I'd read a handful of basic reviews online and had reframed from contacting them on anything. But, on a whim I rang their sales dept with an inquiry and was told of a left over Brutale 1090. First off, the sales person was good, on top of my questions and answered very quick (all via email). Once the sales lady gave me a quote the deal was struck, I explained my wife would be collecting the bike, we'd be paying cash and it would be registered in NY, not PA so not to figure in any taxes or registration fees.

When my wife went to collect the bike, the sales lady was off sick, ok that happens so no big deal. To get someone to help her was a bit off putting as who ever she did finally get to assist her was quite unprofessional. The finance guy collecting the payment had everything figured as paying tax, registration & fees but that was quickly straightened out. (Lack of communication or attention to detail).

My wife was then taken to the service dept to check out the bike and take delivery. Needless to say the guys back there are equally unprofessional. The bike was dirty, it hadn't been cleaned, wiped off or sorted since someone prior had test ridden it, apparently what looks like in the rain. It took them 30 minutes to figure out how to change the clocks from metric to standard MPH and after they figured that out the battery gave up the ghost. Another head scratching session on their part and they finally replaced the battery. I had been on the phone with my wife and asked that they let the bike run for a bit, let get to temp and try restarting to be sure things were ok. The Brutale was then loaded into our trailer, my wife collected the box that is supplied by MV with the bike and she headed home. All this and no tour of the motorcycle, no one went over any details of how anything worked or is programmed. Probably because they couldn't even figure out how to change the clocks........

Needless to say the reviews I'd read online prior pretty much matched up with my experience with the exception of the sales person. She was good to work with, it's the rest of the shop that let the experience down. Unfortunately they are the closest MV dealer to me (3+ hours one way), the next is another hour further in towards Philadelphia so I think they will be my go to dealer of I need anything. Will I return or plan on returning to NAW, no. I didn't plan on buying from them to begin with but the deal was good, that's it.......

2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 (sold)
1995 Ducati SS/SP 944 FBF kit (sold)
2006 Ducati S4R (sold)
1992 Ducati 900 SS (sold)
1997 Ducati 748 (sold)
1990 Ducati 906 Paso (totaled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 10:05 AM

I know its a bit further for you but I would recommend Fast By Ferracci in Philly. They have been excellent to deal with and the service department has been top notch for me.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

A quick update.

Just to let folks know, MV North America does keep an eye on the forum. I was contacted by them regarding my experience and about a Service Bulletin that wasn't completed by NAW before taking delivery of the Brutale.

I was advised of a new dealership that is located on the south side of Buffalo NY (much closer to home). A quick phone call talking to their tech, introducing myself / situation and I am now a bit more at ease about service & warranty work without having to travel several hours to a dealer.

So to anyone that's located on Western NY or NW PA that's looking for a dealer, Kustom Workz in Depew is a new dealership (along with Moto Guzzi) picking up where Al Gillen @ Williamsville Competition unfortunately left off. Al has been and will continue to be greatly missed......

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
2006 Ducati S4R (sold)
1997 Ducati 748 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:38 PM

Well I was once going from Palmerton, PA to have a look at this place.
So I was mighty disappointed to see a dark hugh hall full of all kinds of motorcycles, ATV's, .... from different brands.
MV Agusta was anywhere in a corner in the back.
Seeing this made me instantly believe that they have not much interest in MV.
Needless to say that I never ever considered going back there.
Eraldo is not only a legend, his shop in Willow Grove is most likely by far the best if it comes to Italian Bikes like Ducati and MV Agusta.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

If I were closer I'd give FBF a try. I've always wanted an excuse / reason to make the trek to their shop. But with the new dealer only 1 hr 45 min from home I'm going to give them a shot. Their tech seemed really motivated when talking with him and really into keeping up on things.

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
2006 Ducati S4R (sold)
1997 Ducati 748 (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode