MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - All of a sudden
Thread: All of a sudden
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 10:06 AM
esq'z me
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I think you just need to "burp" the system.

When I changed coolant I somehow left a bit of air in the system. Several days later, as I left a stop, the temp readings got erratic and started to sky-rocket into overheat warning....and the fan did not come on!!! I freaked out. Spent a half hour in a gas station lot looking at fuses and connections and worrying about engine damage.

After a bit I decided I had to get home (less then 10 miles) and would just avoid any stops possible so air flow over the radiator would be steady. Got home, still worried with abnormal high temps intermittently, and started diagnosis in earnest.

Determined all sensors and circuits were OK. Noticed coolant seemed low? but no leaks. Topped up the reservoir, started the bike.....and have not had another problem (a few thousand miles later).

The air trapped had made its way out....Now I just have to figure out how to prevent that in the future.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome