MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - anyone ridden both the s1000rr and the 2010 f4?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 04:48 AM
mikef4uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawininja View Post
Like the title says, anyone ridden the two bikes?

I got a chance to ride the beemer and have to say I was impressed by how smooth and powerful that engine is. Hardly felt the engine at all, even at the low rpms. I was wondering if anyone who has ridden both can compare the engines between the two. Not looking to spend all day arguing aesthetics of the two bikes, but really curious to know how the new mv motor feels.

thanks
Steve has a 2010 F4, we have not swapped yet but have done a couple of side by side roll on's, oddly with it's short stroke engine the lower the rpm which we start from (2500rpm) the bigger the initial advantgae the S1000 has..........surprised me pleasantly

If we both start from say 5000 rpm the two bikes go side by side and inch by inch untill I guess they reach about 10/11000 rpm where the S1000 again starts to pull away.........not surprising given the figures.

The 2010 F4 has a very strong engine-no doubt, and kept in the range we all use them most (I assume) of 5000-9000rpm's on a usual ride out there is little if nothing in between them, hope that helps

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome