MV Agusta Forum banner

Joining the MV Club

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  brutaleluke 
#1 ·
Well, having ever so recently joined the MV Owners club; after lusting after a Brutale for the past 18months...here is my first post!

In settling on the best bike for me, I have postulated between Streetfighters, FZ1-N's Triumph S3's etc etc...

The bike gods prevailed...and a sweet 2006 silver and red Brutale landed in my grid square for a sweet price!! I am flying to the Gold Coast on the 12th March and riding the bike back to Sydney over 1 or 2 days...so a few questions...

What mileage are you lads/ladettes getting out of your 910's on the open road (not aggressive riding)?

Also, are there any bike shops on the gold coast anyone can recommend that I drop into before leaving the GC to pick up some goodies, like tank bag, draggin jeans etc?

Finally - if anyone is looking for a ride back from the GC to Sydney (or thereabouts) on the 12th March...feel free to come along!!

(p.s. it is an ABSOLUTE pleasure to be on this fourm, and be a proud MV owner!!)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Ciao fazer6, thanks...BTW, love the pushy pics in your gallery..sweet ride ;-)

As for the profile pic, yes that is my friend Brad, we were out riding one day, and he asked me to take a photo of him on the phone...phkin poser!

;-)

#6 ·
...so a few questions...

What mileage are you lads/ladettes getting out of your 910's on the open road (not aggressive riding)?

(p.s. it is an ABSOLUTE pleasure to be on this fourm, and be a proud MV owner!!)
Welcome aboard Luke.

Average speed of 110 - 130km per hour, fuel warning comes on just shy of 200km - if you're just cruising back from GC back to Syd - and idling along at 110kph, I'd say you'll hit fuel warning around the 220km mark, on the 910 that's probably around the 5k rpm mark.....but be warned - you'll find the joys of getting those revs up far too much to just idle :)

congratulations !!

cheers

#7 ·
Well, having ever so recently joined the MV Owners club; after lusting after a Brutale for the past 18months...here is my first post!

In settling on the best bike for me, I have postulated between Streetfighters, FZ1-N's Triumph S3's etc etc...

The bike gods prevailed...and a sweet 2006 silver and red Brutale landed in my grid square for a sweet price!! I am flying to the Gold Coast on the 12th March and riding the bike back to Sydney over 1 or 2 days...so a few questions...

Also, are there any bike shops on the gold coast anyone can recommend that I drop into before leaving the GC to pick up some goodies, like tank bag, draggin jeans etc?

Finally - if anyone is looking for a ride back from the GC to Sydney (or thereabouts) on the 12th March...feel free to come along!!

Congrats Brutale Luke.
I got a near new 910R from the GC in January (see my earlier threads). They delivered it home to me in Sydney. I went on a long ride from Sydney to Emerald Beach, north of Coffs in Jan, the long way via inland route and back the quick way (mostly boring highway). Had a cuzz visiting from France on my other mount, a BMWK1200R. We rode mostly within legal speed limits and I was amazed at the fuel economy of the Brute, having had a 750S previously. It was identical to the Beemer. I never saw the fuel warning light, even after 230km or so. I figured I would have done nearly 300km on a tank. Different story around town or at the track though...

You will find that the rock hard seat is painful on a long ride. Best investment I made was to buy an AirHawke seat cushion from a bloke in SA, http://www.airhawkguy.com.au/.
I ordered it over the phone, had it 2 days later by post. Small Pillion for A$159 is a perfect fit for the Brute pilot seat and makes a huge difference to the state of your derriere.

Cheers and enjoy the ride.

#10 ·
Welcome, I bet that first ride home is a hoot!:smoking:

#11 ·
Thanks team for all the luck, and insight on the fuel mileage. I am pleasantly surprised to hear what people are getting out of the Brute on the open road! Also starting to doubt my ability to keep the revs low and consistent ;-)

8 days to go, 8 days to go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.