MV Agusta Forum banner

Almost there!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Greny 
#1 ·
Hello to all, I'm new to the forum.

I'm new to MV Agusta, but I think I'm smitten.:mouthwate I'm V keen on a 910 hydrogen. (08 model I think).

I've been riding a T 100 Triumph, and found it to be underpowered (very), and am looking for something new.

I ride only a few thousand K's a year these days (5000 - 7000), at least half of that touring on twisty roads doing about 300 to 500 K a day.

I've had a couple of Moto Guzzi's in the past, and loved them (warts and all).

Do you reckon this bike will suit?

What options are there for carrying stuff?
The bikeshop will fit a ventura bag and rack as part of the deal.
Are there other options??

I have some marketing material that states the 910R produces 146 HP, and have read in contrast in other places that the bik preouces 136 HP, which is correct??

Thanks in advance - Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
G'Day Rob
My opinion go for the 910R. Don't worry about the rack, it will detract from the beautiful lines and curves of the bike. Femsa do a tankbag that straps to the headstock and tank mount and carries about 23litres (Ihave one of these and it dosn't scratch the tank) any more you need to carry use a backpack.

I beleive that 146HP is produced when you add a race pipe and chip from corse racing. It takes off like a cat with a cracker up its arse. As standard they reach 110Ks, coz all we travel at "right" quickly enough

#3 ·
The HP these bikes produce is......'enough'!! I have a 1078 brutale with a microtek ecu fitted and even as standard you're gonna have trouble holding onto one of these babies. And comming of a Triumph T 100, Well all I can say is hold on tight!!! It's a bit like compairing a ride in a space shuttle to a push on a garden swing!!!

#5 ·
Like to keep the bonnie, not passionate about it. It's a pretty bike no doubt about it, but there is no love.
I'll be picking up the 910 tomorrow, - I havn't been this excited about my bikes for 20 years! Weather is forecast to be sunny and 24 deg c. It's a tuff job, but someones gotta do it! Even at a gentle run in speeds, the ride will still be sweet. Godbless those Tasmanian roads.

11 1/2 hours give or take, can't wait!!!

#6 ·
The Hydrogen is a very nice limited edition paint job...I think you should go for it.

#9 ·
Keep the Bonnie i have one 2
The bonnie you can ride any weather etc... and long distance :)
See my setup in my gallery :blah:
The brutale is imho good as 2nd or 3nd bike.
It,s hard but gives sheer power delivery.
The 910 R is quite a beast to tame :yo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.