MV Agusta Forum banner

bought a new MV today

6K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  NV MY MV 
#1 ·
Couldnt wait any longer for a 910R (patience is one of my character flaws) especially since I had a fat check on my desk collecting dust. So I took a trip up to my dealer this afternoon and bought a new Brutale 910 in red (for the black frame) AND a Gladio kit. Asked myself do I NEED more power than the 910 has? No. Do I NEED better brakes than the 910 has? No. Do I want to wait another month or two for a bike? No. So made the purchase. :D

Will pick up or have the bike delivered tomorrow and will get the Gladio kit within a week. Dealer says he thinks im the only person in California with the Gladio kit now. Not sure if that is so but I will have to confirm that if possible.

Robert

#5 ·
Congrats...I can totally relate to the lack of patience. I've done that before...a few times. This forum is great and makes me feel normal - when all my good friends think I've lost it. But the truth is their wives won't let them ride and they are jealous. The black frame with the Gladio kit should be great...particularly with the stock wheels. I'm hanging on to my 910r deposit for now...hoping delivery will actually be 1 or 2 months. But we just got 2 feet of snow so I can afford to wait :)

#7 ·
777 said:
Couldnt wait any longer for a 910R (patience is one of my character flaws) especially since I had a fat check on my desk collecting dust. So I took a trip up to my dealer this afternoon and bought a new Brutale 910 in red (for the black frame) AND a Gladio kit. Asked myself do I NEED more power than the 910 has? No. Do I NEED better brakes than the 910 has? No. Do I want to wait another month or two for a bike? No. So made the purchase. :D

Will pick up or have the bike delivered tomorrow and will get the Gladio kit within a week. Dealer says he thinks im the only person in California with the Gladio kit now. Not sure if that is so but I will have to confirm that if possible.

Robert
777, Congrats! I just went throught the exact same rationale. I decided I did not want to wait for the 910R. I will never track this bike (I am getting a dedicated sport bike for that) and so I doubt I will ever utilize the incremental performace the Brembos offer over the Nissins. As for the power, the same holds true, but if you want more HP you can always add the Corsa full titanium exhaust and chip and come very close to the HP of the 910R. AND I get to have my black and red color scheme to boot. As for the wheels, I like the stock stars way better than the forged black ones on the 910R. All that said, if I had the patience, I would wait for the 910R. But I don't.

Now, if the two feet of snow that just got dumped on us here in CT, USA melts before this weekend I can take delivery and ride!

#10 ·
777 said:

Robert
Let me know how it behaves in the Cali twisties. I lived in Orange County for 15 years and I sure miss Ortega Highway, especially now that I have my MV F4!!!

Congrats! :cool:

#12 ·
Nice one 777. :) :) :)

#17 ·
thanks guys. appreciate the nice words.

just got her home and am really pleased so far. much more 'usable' power than my 750 Brutale. Doesnt quite have the scream that the 750 had (however only been up to about 6k rpm in the 20 miles i rode home, so i cant say for sure which sounds more wicked yet). bike is sooooo effortless to ride, so smooth ahhhhh...... tons of fun. i didnt realize how good the red looks in the sun until now, now im debating if i should cancel my Gladio kit lol..... already paid for it though... :grin: :toothless happy once again.... also ordered a black leather MV 1 piece racing suit looking forward to trying that on. hopefully i like it or its going back.. cheers! :)

ps. just got a email back from the MV dealer in Los Angeles, quote: "The 910R's are going into production this month. We should start to see them roll in around early May, tho that is not written in stone." The SF dealer says March, the LA dealer says May, so who knows when the 910R will come... :stickpoke

#19 ·
bike is sooooo effortless to ride, so smooth ahhhhh...... tons of fun. i didnt realize how good the red looks in the sun until now, now im debating if i should cancel my Gladio kit lol..... already paid for it though... happy once again....
keep the original parts so you have different outfit for different occasions... I test rode the red 910 @ Pro Italia when I went in to put down the deposit for Senna, and I know what you mean about how FUN it is... it left me thinking about it for weeks.

BTW Pro Italia is selling that demo 910:

http://www.proitalia.com/pre-owned.html#

#20 ·
777 said:
bike is sooooo effortless to ride, so smooth ahhhhh...... tons of fun. i didnt realize how good the red looks in the sun until now, now im debating if i should cancel my Gladio kit lol..... already paid for it though... :grin: :toothless happy once again....
I know what you mean. I had the mix/match red tail, black tank version and it actually grew on me. I was kind of sad taking the pieces off. But the Gladio kit is awesome.

#22 · (Edited)
Congrats!
My patience is tumbledown too.
I start to consider to pay by installments. :devil:
Gladio is cool.

And the gladio kit can be bought by single set in U.S.?
Or must buy a full gladio version bike?
What parts be included?price?
Do you know my mean?

My dealer say they can't supply a set of gladio kit for 910.
Only can buy a gladio version brutale,and must place an order for many month(or years?@@)
And the price about 46904 USD. :rant:

#23 ·
richard said:
Congrats!
My patience is tumbledown too.
I start to consider to pay by installments. :devil:
Gladio is cool.

And the gladio kit can be bought by single set in U.S.?
Or must buy a full gladio version bike?
What parts be included?price?
Do you know my mean?

My dealer say they can't supply a set of gladio kit for 910.
Only can buy a gladio version brutale,and must place an order for many day(or month)
And the price about 46904 USD. :rant:
the gladio kit is available in basic and full version. The basic kit contains tank, fender, tail panels, seats, alarm, and certifcate and emblem. The full kit contains that plus full-carbon kit and 10-spoke marchesinis.

The kits were sold this way from Corse and advertised on their site this way. Although, that seems to have changed. They are limited to 300 units, so there might only be a full-kit available but some dealers/importers will separate the pieces and sell the basic kit and the carbon bits and wheels separate.

Try a different dealer.

#24 ·
910R delayed?

More people may be joining 777...someone in the Brutale forum posted this link. (Very good website BTW). This is going to test our patience. Anyone have more info on this - Italian Ministry approval necessary for the sale of 910R? Thanks

http://raptorsandrockets.com/news.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.