Ducati V2 - Your Thoughts - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Ducati V2 - Your Thoughts

Hey guys,

So my 2012 F3 675 is going to be 8 years old in June next year and I have started considering a replacement.

Up until now I haven't had any issues and I have kept up with all the technological updates so my bike although from 2012 is relatively up to spec through my annual upgrades (Updated throttle grip, Slipper clutch, Brembo Monoblocs, Blipper etc).

I really lusted for a Ducati V4, but decided against it due to the cost and the limited places where I could really enjoy such a bike (without getting myself killed) as I use my bikes for both track days and weekend road fun (never commute). Now the Ducati V2 has really got me thinking as the HP is not too much for everyday riding and the looks are exactly what I am after.

One thing I really like is that the Superquadro 955cc engine has been relatively bullet proof compared to our 3-cylinder engines. I considered the Aprilia RS660, but that is perhaps going backwards. I considered the F3 800, but it is too similar to my current bike and MV have totally neglected the platform where I'm not at all interested.

What is your thoughts on the Ducati V2 (also if you have personal experience on the Ducati 959 as the base is the same as the V2)

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rev...2-ride-review/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 01:42 PM

New Site Garage
I think the F3 reliability is much better than what we expect it to be.
My geuss is that its rider related, and not so much material related. Just my 0.02.

As for keeping the F3 or getting a new bike.. Flip a coin and when its mid-air the first bike you think off is the one you should get
anothermvfanatic likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 03:34 PM

Barring the ugly new bodywork, i think this would be a great do it all bike like you are interested in..
Has all the goodies one would EXPECT, unlike the MV F3 platform and it's outdated everything... SHAME ON YOU MV!!!

if you want a even better do it all bike, and something more exclusive go get the 765LE Daytona...
PTsalas likes this.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 04:24 PM

In my opinion it must be a nice bike but I would get a V4 in a heartbeat if a good deal appears to you
PTsalas likes this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Perso, I think it looks so hot. Way prettier than the 899/ 959 design. The reviews I watched/ read seem to check all the right boxes (esp with the expectation that a S version will be out with Ohlins etc.). Ducati, ffs, make it in yellow....

2015 F3 800
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 04:22 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I own (and have done since 2013) Ducati Diavel.
I treat it with the utmost respect.
The first coupla times I gave it the bollocks...it nearly scared me...
It has been very reliable with no mechanical probs for over 36000kms now.

I really like those new Duc 959 but they are probably no more practical ergonomically than my F4 so I guess they stay in my dreams.

Currently in the shed...

2007 F4 312R Black / White / Red.
2012 HD FXDWG 103 Blue Flames
2013 Ducati Diavel Very Black Metallic
1981 Triumph T140 Bonneville Maroon / Cream.
1973 Yamaha CT3 175 chook chaser

Adelaide...Sarf-A-Straylia
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 04:37 AM

It looks lovely... but as the F3 is my first ever bike, I think I need to learn how to ride a bit more first... by that time there will be a few nice two year olds around.

F3 800
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:08 AM

I haven't tried the V2 yet. But I still have a 959(full Akrapovic+race map).

The good things.

Pretty little thing, engine has character and enjoyable feeling. It is also reliable.

The bad ones.
The engine+chassis+suspension+ergonomics! My main problem is the way it delivers power. As a rider I like to carry a lot of speed inside the corners, tracks and streets. I can perfectly ride stop/dive deep and go but I don't find it as enjoyable. And since you will be riding the bike on the streets also, I don't think there is anything more enjoyable than to open the throttle inside the turn and feel/play with the forces.
Pushing on entry speed on the streets (in order to somewhat enjoy the 959) is one of the silliest/risky things to do.
About the power delivery, once you think about opening the throttle inside the turn the bike wants to stand up. Doesn't want to turn....keep the line. Don't get me wrong I can battle with her and she is kind of an interesting bitch sometimes, the question is do you want to? Especially if she will be your only sports bike?

Yes, the joke of a suspension it comes standard with is also to blame and probably the inadequate chassis. But I think it is mainly the character of the engine. By the way if you get the new V2 and it comes with the same grade back spring, get it out immediately and make a pogo stick. For a 3 years old......
I spoke with several owners on the tracks, 2 of them world class riders to give you some context and they all agree about it(engine). It is not a particularly enjoyable bike. There are far more entertaining options out there, especially for the street.

I know they changed the swingarm (single-sided) in the new V2 and maybe they modified the chassis and ergonomics also, I don't know.

The ergonomics of the 959 are bad also. Tank-bike dimensions & proportions-sitting position, neither good for the road nor for the track. Combine this with the power delivery and is not fun at all.

You mentioned the hp number. That can be deceiving. As an example I find much more easy to enjoy the new BMW S1000RR, new Aprilia factory & R1M on the street than the 959.

Get a test ride!
All that being said, I don't know what you want and expect from a bike.
Just my 2 cents.

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 11-20-2019 at 09:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nesca For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 11:17 AM

What I think relative to your bike needs/wants is irrelevant...
But, looking at the specs I would be a player for that bike; if I was 40 years younger.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Established Member

I am madly in love with the V2 and will be buying one. Not an if, just a when. And the when is probably after a first owner eats the cost of some Termis!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode