• 2 Post By nigelrb
  • 3 Post By nigelrb
  • 1 Post By henry-a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Triumph Rocket 3 TFC

What do you guys think about this?

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m...s/tfc/rocket-3

Have any of you experienced with Rocket 3 in general? This bike is significantly redesigned. Triumph calls it all-new. Nice touches from TFC (Triumph Factory Custom). Looks pretty impressive not withstanding the possible weight around 700 lbs.

Opinions? Would you get one, as a cruiser?
Attached Images

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'15 ZX-14R 30th Anniversary Edition
'16 Boxster Spyder

Last edited by henry-a; 05-07-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 PM

My mate has the earlier model Rocket 3 and is fitting a supercharger to it.... It is good for cruising and perhaps towing a caravan

I really like the headlights on the new one. Very Triumph. Although the one linked is about 60K AUD special edition so not exactly the comparable.

I quite like the new BMW concept in the same class.

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/58113/co...oberdan-bezzi/

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 05-06-2019 at 10:42 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Admire its engineering, but no, not for me. I think there might be a greater appreciation for cruisers in USA, but that's not to say they won't sell well in UK. Supposedly only 700 to be built.

I'm not against triumph though. I remain keenly interested in the proposed TFC Daytona 765 Moto 2 replica.
Glenno and jdgun like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:36 PM

New Site Garage
A few mates have had/still have the original Rocket 3, roadster and tourer. I think it works well as a retro tourer and certainly way more performance than other cruiser equivalents (they have near 140bhp/140lbft at the wheel)

Seems like the new model is aimed at the Diavel....its just 50kg too heavy. Maybe a lithium battery, carbon wheels and titanium exhaust could drop 30Kg ...but I kinda thought the top of the range £25k model might have some of those goodies..but it doesnt even have Ohlins suspension like the lesser Triumph models.

Overall my buddies were a little disappointed by the TFC version...expected a bit more for £25k

If you like the look and want a feet forward bike with some go in it, then the Diavel-X is still king....

cheers
bogie
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie View Post
A few mates have had/still have the original Rocket 3 . . .
Showing my age here, but you guys do know that the 'original' Rocket 3 was a BSA made in tandem with the Triumph Trident?
Attached Images

mitchy, Deano and bogie like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:42 AM

I rather like that but it makes no sense to me. Stick a proper 2nd seat on it and sell it to me as a tourer and I would probably consider it but not as a ...... actually I don't know what to call it!

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
....... It is good for cruising and perhaps towing a caravan

I quite like the new BMW concept in the same class.

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/58113/co...oberdan-bezzi/
No kidding! It can tow a damn house! Looked at the BMW concept. I'm digging TFC rather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
........I remain keenly interested in the proposed TFC Daytona 765 Moto 2 replica.
In my case, this can be a good balancing act for the first gen F4. I could dump the ZX-14R (ZZR1400) for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie View Post

If you like the look and want a feet forward bike with some go in it, then the Diavel-X is still king....
I LOVE the retro muscle look! I have never been a cruiser guy until I saw these pictures!! Many years ago, had a Diavel as a loaner for a week or so when the F4 was in the shop. Didn't like it. The XDiavel seems to fix the problems I had with Diavel, with options like higher seat, different bar, etc. If I don't get the Rocket TFC, I think XDiavel is a viable alternative. I'm actually impressed by the level of customization you can have with XDiavel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
.... Stick a proper 2nd seat on it and sell it to me as a tourer and I would probably consider it but not as a ...... actually I don't know what to call it!
It does have a decent back seat. The single and dual seats accessories would be offered as standard. And, call it a Power Cruiser or Muscle Cruiser!

More I see it, more I want! This is coming from a non-cruiser rider! Apparently, the interest level for this model seems pretty high. Placed a deposit with a dealer; I'm 4th on the list! Two other dealers had 2-4 on the list. So, it appears, at least in the US, this model may be a sell-out real soon, if not already.
Attached Images

bogie likes this.

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'15 ZX-14R 30th Anniversary Edition
'16 Boxster Spyder
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:20 AM
Established Member

I have a Diavel and I classify it as a Power Cruiser. This fits in the same niche I would say, along with the Vmax.

At the weekend I parked up next to one at our local pub (might be the prev gen don't know, looked the same), I really wish I'd taken a picture. It made my Diavel look wimpy. Same 240 section rear tyre but with a flatter profile which made it look fatter, 2300cc emblazoned down the side which made my Diavel's 1198 seem limp as, and the piece de resistance, 6 cylinders!! It had a custom paint job and the engine sounded amazing when he left.

That said, in the UK we have lots of tight windy roads, clearly it wont stop and corner like a Diavel so it wouldn't be for me at this moment in my life, but I was impressed. For US roads I dare say it would be awesome.

If I were you, I'd get one

Edit to say, I thought it sounded like a WWII Plane when it took off down the road

Last edited by Nito; 06-05-2019 at 06:36 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:58 PM

I looked at the Diavel until I looked at the 2018 Aprilia Tuorno Factory

2000 F4 750
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
I looked at the Diavel until I looked at the 2018 Aprilia Tuorno Factory
Both cracking bikes, (I have the original Gen1 Tuono R Limited) the Diavel is quite a relaxed ride position with a stupid amount of grunt, I love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in