2019 Ducati Panigale V4R.... OMG ! - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 04:33 AM
Apologies Nigel. I believe the list price in the UK is a mere £34,995 or just under $45,000 US.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Apologies Nigel. I believe the list price in the UK is a mere £34,995 or just under $45,000 US.
Ah, great. I'm back in the game!! Nah, I'd still go the aprilia!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:54 AM

Nigel the 2019 Aprilia RSV4 RF comes with everything but a pit crew Rumor has it the 2020 version comes with Quick Books and Turbo tax LOL As far as sound , listening to the Ducati V4 pulling out of the pits on You Tube videos. It sounds as if the V4 is out of tune like the timing is seriously off. Reguardless I am going with the Ducati v4 as I have a worked to the 9s (Aprilia Factory racing Support) 2010 Aprilia RSV4 R In white with the FLAT tank. Which IMHO is THE reason for Aprilia RSV4 sales decline . Look at the 2 years stling and you will see what I mean Who needs a 6 gallon tank on a sportbike anyway? Looks like a sportbike screwed a Camel LOL
nigelrb likes this.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
As far as sound , listening to the Ducati V4 pulling out of the pits on You Tube videos. It sounds as if the V4 is out of tune like the timing is seriously off.
The WSBK rules say, whist the bikes are being ridden in the pit area, they have to have the "Pit Limiter" switched on.. Similar to F1.

Maybe that's why it sounds like it's Popping & Banging.

nigelrb likes this.

EMAIL :
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
. . . Looks like a sportbike screwed a Camel LOL
Whoa! I'm gunna find me that camel

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:19 AM

Nigel you gotta get out more. LOL. JDS these where you tube videos of stock DUCATI V4. Then again I think? the new V4 has the pit speed limiter stock. I decided on the Ducati V4 since I have a Aprilia RSV4 that's worked from factory race dept. (race electronic package from Aprilia racing .) Already had 7000$ discounted model offered , I am sure another deal will come along . Still doing my unique 1000cc Supercharged Briggs v-twin Electro glide Build . I know you think I am nuts on that one but the set up is like turbo Inine 6 on Freightliner big trucks. Turbo is needed for engine to work. On over the road trucks if turbo breaks the truck will only go 25mph-35mph . No lag what so ever.

Guys thank you for bearing with me. At the moment I cant walk. Looking forward to doing build is helpful. Take care everyone
JDS and nigelrb like this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-16-2019 at 07:25 AM.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Okay guys

So I went to a dealer lunch yesterday of this new V4R at my Ducati dealer.

Here's the gossip around the camp fire.

1) They're are not numbered, like previous "R" models

2) Approx 3,000 will be built world Wide

3) They don't come standard with the slip on Akrapovic or Termignoni silencer kit, as with previous "R" models

4) If you did want to install the slip on Akrapovic or Termignoni silencer kit, you would need a modified lower fairing kit.

5) The slip on Akrapovic or Termignoni silencer kit with the modified lower fairing kit ( basically a belly pan section) is a eye watering £4200.00 GBP + fitting.

6) Installation cost for the Akrapovic or Termignoni silencer kit and lower belly pan £628.00 GBP.

So the bike with the performance exhaust comes just in at an Ant's pubic hair short of £40,000.00 GBP..

Bargain.... NOT!

So Nigel, are you going to order 1 or 2 Ducati V4 R's ?

john likes this.

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 03-01-2019 at 07:16 AM.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Put me down for a couple John, but hang on a minute, I'd better get the new garage up and running first, its looking more like the base for a swimming pool at the mo.
Attached Images

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 03-01-2019 at 07:43 AM.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

So Nigel, are you going to order 1 or 2 Ducati V4 R's ?

They are not even on my radar.

I'm feeling a tad embarrassed with my mix of Japanese and Italian so have decided to turn patriotic and support local (allegedly) product. I have signified my intention to my local Triumph dealer to snap up one of the Daytona 765 Moto 2 replicas - assuming it comes to fruition. Dealer has little info, save to say it's not on the immediate horizon. However, Motorcycle News (UK) reports it to be a blinged up with carbon, Ohlins and Brembos and be a numbered edition.

To be fair, this isn't in the same league as the Ducati, but it suits my penchant for something a bit different.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Put me down for a couple John, but hang on a minute, I'd better get the new garage up and running first, its looking more like the base for a swimming pool at the mo.
I don't blame you John.. You've got to order at least 2 x V4-R's just in case Ducati run out of stock.. I mean, they're only making a miserly 3,000 units.

At £40K+ for each V4-R, I can envision these selling quicker than the much sort after Sinclair C5 at it's inaugural launch.

From the picture posted John, we're are you building this new garage ?... bombed out Damascus by any chance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
They are not even on my radar.

I'm feeling a tad embarrassed with my mix of Japanese and Italian so have decided to turn patriotic and support local (allegedly) product. I have signified my intention to my local Triumph dealer to snap up one of the Daytona 765 Moto 2 replicas - assuming it comes to fruition. Dealer has little info, save to say it's not on the immediate horizon. However, Motorcycle News (UK) reports it to be a blinged up with carbon, Ohlins and Brembos and be a numbered edition.

To be fair, this isn't in the same league as the Ducati, but it suits my penchant for something a bit different.
Nigel.. I noticed you've previously mentioned the coming of this Trumpet Moto2 .. If and went you get some info ( especially pics) please send me PM or give me the heads up of a post on the forum about this model..

Cheers mate

john likes this.

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode