Guess I'm a SQUID now.... - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes
  • 10 Post By number2
  • 2 Post By silentservice703
  • 3 Post By Drewbert34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Cool Guess I'm a SQUID now....

*in short summary, its time for the 1098 to go.

Gonna hit up one of those "everything/souvenir" beach shops to get some new riding swag (aka flip flops, corona tank top, lady gaga sunglasses, some sweet plaid swim trunks and of course a upside-down and sideways neon visor for downforce)

tickled with it. only put 48 miles on It on the way home, all but about 8 were hard and fast country back roads.
it doesn't do anything special but it doesn't ask YOU to do anything special either, it rides itself. I haven't rode a jap bike since my 14 zx10r (about 183whp) and this thing is either much slower or is much more controllable. (dyno tests are showing USA bikes are 164whp)

One that that totally surprised me is the gearbox, its more like Ducati's where its wider ratio and wayyy lower first gear, first gear is useless on this. ex the zx10 did 161 indicated in 3rd, this doesn't even do 140 in 3rd. I much prefer this tho because my main complaint about the zx10 was it was so fast and uninvolving you'd ride in 3rd gear ALL DAY every situation.

very comfortable and handles way better than the 1098 (that im selling) can only imagine what the F3 will ride like shortly.
only complaint which I knew going into it, the front brake has a full 30mm of nothing before anything happens when hot. good pads rotors and calipers and the lines are fine so its likely gonna either get the rcs19 or something.
The clutch is the softest ive ever felt. its great, the f3 is sitting with the lever zip tied to the bar to try and soften the springs
Tank is wide and hard to hold on w legs w this acceleration
oh and the rs10 tires... not for me, will be replaced with SC1/SC2 DCS's when they come in.
going to NOT go crazy with it I promised myself, just
levers
stomp grip
seat cowl
flush front signals
block off plates for mirrors
homemade cabinet hinge fender eliminator
gp windscreen
rearsets
qd gas cap
QS & bipper
tune
full system
tires
master cylinder, lines & fluid
520 conversion w stock gearing will be fine

Last edited by GCBC; 05-15-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 02:33 PM

New Site Garage
I want one in matt black/blue

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Yeah...the US bikes never have full throttle after about 8k rpm....... Crazy EPA noise regs and stuff. Easy to fix. Call Brock.

Brake hoses are a big part of the poor feel. Change those first.

Would suggest just a slip-on as the exhaust incorporates a valve between the header cross overs that helps with the bottom end. Opens at about 10K for top end. The exhaust valve (before the muffler) is also a power band smoother, not a noise control.

So you didn't go for the RR with the QS and cornering ABS/TC ????

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

its got the TC which is so far really nice with these IMO hard tires, I had dealer set it to 31front and 30 rear as well and even when hot they were squirming, the rears are really linear and predictable tho on braking, its VERY easy to have the "ratcheting" and the rear brake is exactly how I like it lots of pressure and easy to modulate. the fronts however I do NOT like feeling them ratchet on braking, it doesn't even think about lifting the rear right now, just locking the front up yes even at 31psi and hot (probably 33-34 as I rode it) has no where near the braking grip level the DSC's had. I throw those on after first ride on all the previous bikes and even the rear has more grip on braking its obvious.

I didn't want the abs because of the known brake issue with the front and I dont want to piss with the extra bleeding steps etc. had I known it was gonna be this big of an issue finding a rear shock to fit the F3 Id have said screw it and honestly just gotten a zx6r to build...

Im getting the QS & Blipper for 260$ and the full tune for 200$ from super bike unlimited. unfortunately Ill have to get a full system on it for the sole purpose of making the bike not a hot steaming mess to ride. it radiates heat like a mother just like all catted stock exhaust bikes ive had. I like the current sound level and the power it makes is MORE than plenty. but with the flash and both valves eliminated ill have to do the full system.

the other suspension would have been worth it for me but again, I got a deal on this, I can do nix30 & ttx36 plus the tune and blipper/QS, AND the tires and still come out exactly where the R would have been stock... this rides so well w this suspension anyways and I didn't even set sag yet so honestly, theres no way im considering suspension upgrades on it, im very very pleased.

the other dealer had the Matt color and I was gonna go that way if these guys wouldn't match their price.which shockingly they did, 4miles from my house and in my strongly preferred color scheme

parts ordered (except exhaust) back to focusing hard on this F3 and getting the ecu studio running
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 08:28 PM

needs to have a bigger muffler
john, john, Deano and 7 others like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
needs to have a bigger muffler
That's because, on this bike, the muffler is ALL in the tail....other brands have their primary mufflers located under the bike in huge bread boxes with the catalyzer incorporated. The Suzuki has the catalyzer in a compact separate section under the engine...easily excised if desired....and installing a slip-on eliminates ALL of the stock muffler....not just a piece of it as on most other brands.

Knowing the first thing anyone does to their new sport bike is replace the muffler, Suzuki made it easy to dump ALL the weight and restriction with a simple slip-on as opposed to a full system.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I am easily confused...is this thread about a Suzuki, or an F3?
Brutale76 and Brutale76 like this.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I am easily confused...is this thread about a Suzuki, or an F3?
I think it is more about dumping a Ducati.....

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 12:46 PM

Holy Sesame Street!

Does Oscar know you turned his Trash Can into a muffler?
number2, revhead1957 and dav777 like this.

2000 F4S
merc07 eprom
AMB Air Filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode