LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Come on John, this is an MV forum. Oh what the heck, alright then

My siblings, and the NS on its own:

Two marvels there Nigel

I especially like the NS.

If only Honda would decide to shake the waters a bit(these days).

By the way, have you tried the new CBR?

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
Two marvels there Nigel

I especially like the NS.

If only Honda would decide to shake the waters a bit(these days).

By the way, have you tried the new CBR?
Thanks Nesca. NS is a nice 'small' bike that does carry some significant Honda history.

This could answer your Honda 'shaking the waters': https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...x-1000-concept

And yes, I have ridden the new CB1000R, courtesy of my local Honda dealer. Took me back to my CB750K1 days (1970) when naked bikes ruled. Of course the new CB delivers a wealth of power, handles good, and has all the electronic 'gimmickry' one could NEVER want. (For the average rider who doesn't do track days, one electronics are set there's no need to change them - my opinion only). The new CB would fare well as a tourer as well as commuter, but I would never be a candidate to purchase one, for I am sports bike through and through. My only complaint, and one shared by many, is that I wish manufacturers, MV included, would trash the ridiculous looking floating rear guard (fender) tail light assembly.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
The Following User Says Thank You to nigelrb For This Useful Post:
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Thanks Nesca. NS is a nice 'small' bike that does carry some significant Honda history.

This could answer your Honda 'shaking the waters': https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...x-1000-concept

And yes, I have ridden the new CB1000R, courtesy of my local Honda dealer. Took me back to my CB750K1 days (1970) when naked bikes ruled. Of course the new CB delivers a wealth of power, handles good, and has all the electronic 'gimmickry' one could NEVER want. (For the average rider who doesn't do track days, one electronics are set there's no need to change them - my opinion only). The new CB would fare well as a tourer as well as commuter, but I would never be a candidate to purchase one, for I am sports bike through and through. My only complaint, and one shared by many, is that I wish manufacturers, MV included, would trash the ridiculous looking floating rear guard (fender) tail light assembly.

I heard many good things about it's handling(CBR), SP version. I have the chance to try the SP2 version, courtesy of a friend, on track soon. Lets see...

But a new six-cylinder?!
I truly hope so. I will be in line to get one. I love 'feeling' different engines(and I wasn't around the CBX years).

Nes

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
I heard many good things about it's handling(CBR), SP version. I have the chance to try the SP2 version, courtesy of a friend, on track soon. Lets see...

I have a 2018 SP2 and the handling is brilliant. Feels like a much smaller bike because of its low weight. I think the forged Marchesini wheels aid the flickability, a feeling many MV owners will be accustomed to. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Overall, it's a great bike.

However, many will say that there's better contenders in that price bracket. All comes down to personal preference.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
The technology being fitted to modern bikes is truly amazing now. The semi active suspension on my Aprilia Caponord was superb. It does seem to be that the electronics on both bike and cars are making mechanics into computer programmers or computer analysts. Good thing or bad thing? Well, I'm not sure any more. Up until recently I thought it shut out the home mechanic and made you take your bike to the dealership as soon as a dreaded yellow light appears on the dash, but the stuff that my latest bike has on offer to the rider, wheelie control, launch control etc etc. is brilliant when you get your head around it and of course all the other manufacturers are doing it too. MV, Honda, etc. etc. That 6 cylinder concept bike does look interesting though.
nigelrb likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 07-06-2018 at 05:42 AM.
post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:12 AM

Someone has to keep the 'Honda Thread' going!!

Early morning jaunt around Worcestershire (middle of UK) and had to stop at an appropriate place
Attached Images

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:19 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Was at this years Festival of a Thousand Bikes at Mallory park and one of these rare Honda's was there.

Much more impressive in the flesh than in the magazine articles.

Attached Images

nigelrb likes this.

EMAIL :
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:25 AM

Nice pics @JDS. You might know, but for others' benefit, that road-legal MotoGP version is 68,000 UK pounds worth.

Would look good in my collection, but how would one justify the cost. I think the money would be safer with a RC30 or 45, OR, a Vincent HRD.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:45 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Nigel.

A new Honda RC213V-S recently sold in the UK for £200+K.. They actually don't have a lot of power ( compared to something like the Ducati Superleggera) but they have an incredible power to weight ratio.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...3v-s-for-sale/

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 08-17-2018 at 05:48 AM.
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
I know a guy with an unregistered NR750 for sale, if you happen to have about £100k burning a hole in your back pocket!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode