Custom Japanese swingarm 'spools~bobbins' - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
"Bad taste"....."Kitsch"......."carnival".....

.......Thank you for your opinion..........

Brian.
Brian you misunderstood me.
I love what you did with the bike and I would be very happy to have it in my garage. I have commented in your original thread about it before. I have also commented positively about your artisan skills(in the original thread also).

This last part you made doesn't cut it for me.
The "carnival" refers to the danger of falling victim to the urge of keep adding details, eventually overloading the bike.
It is my opinion in good intentions. I am not a global authority.

Thank you for putting the effort and time to share with us.
Keep doing what you enjoy and grow a pair

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
@Nesca: Brain's creations are far from what you describe. I'd be honored to have anything he's done in my garage.

I actually think this is the first negative comment in all of your creation threads, @BG Wells
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefin102 View Post
Can you show your work?
Umm...go play with your toys boys. It's fine.

Nes

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
......keep doing what you enjoy and grow a pair

Nesca....once again......Thank you for your comments... (and advice..)

I welcome your viewpoint (along with the other more positive ones)....it's healthy.

With this in mind I will redesign the swingarm spools....and trust they will be better..?

The other thing I want to clarify is ............My bike build is NOT finished .,..... (contrary to what you might have assumed.?)

So much more to do... (wheels..,carbs perhaps....custom machined billet fork yokes..etc)

I can only hope you bear with me should I choose to post that continuation up here.?

Can I just say though I have to admit to being confused by the 'last line' comments of your previous post (quoted above)...,what a strange thing to say..?........please clarify.

Thanks again for your input.

Brian
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
Nesca....once again......Thank you for your comments... (and advice..)

I welcome your viewpoint (along with the other more positive ones)....it's healthy.

With this in mind I will redesign the swingarm spools....and trust they will be better..?

The other thing I want to clarify is ............My bike build is NOT finished .,..... (contrary to what you might have assumed.?)

So much more to do... (wheels..,carbs perhaps....custom machined billet fork yokes..etc)

I can only hope you bear with me should I choose to post that continuation up here.?

Can I just say though I have to admit to being confused by the 'last line' comments of your previous post (quoted above)...,what a strange thing to say..?........please clarify.

Thanks again for your input.

Brian
Brian the last line you quote, I wrote it as a jest, teasing. I thought that you interpreted my post as malicious and you were being sarcastic/ironic in your reply, unable to deal with some criticism. Additionally I was probably influenced unconsciously (towards my interpretation) by reading the comments by lefin and Chuck in conjunction with yours.
Of course I will follow your build and don't redesign the swing-arm spools because of my view! You give me too much credit and I will be high on my horse!
Thanks for your reply and continue building and sharing here.

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 08-25-2017 at 06:58 PM.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 11:37 PM

New Site Garage
Those are bitchin' !!!

Be prepared to be unprepared. - J.Z.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 09:31 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Brilliant work

Would've clicked on this link sooner, but I didn't think the thread would interest me until I noticed the author

Brian, your patience and skill is light years ahead. Thanks for posting up the pictures, otherwise I couldn't even imagine how those were fabricated. The end result is really clean man! I would be interested to see something similar with an Italian flag, but I imagine that would be More difficult?

Very cool, what was the total amount of hours that you had to put in to create these out of curiosity?

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

03 F4750SR
07 F41000R
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ian...,I just spent the day re-machining these spools..... and like the Six Million Dollar Man they will be Better than before....

Hopefully I will finish them tomorrow/monday....

Stay tuned....
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Would've clicked on this link sooner, but I didn't think the thread would interest me until I noticed the author

Brian, your patience and skill is light years ahead. Thanks for posting up the pictures, otherwise I couldn't even imagine how those were fabricated. The end result is really clean man! I would be interested to see something similar with an Italian flag, but I imagine that would be More difficult?

Very cool, what was the total amount of hours that you had to put in to create these out of curiosity?
@BG Wells Brian I would like one with the 27 EU members flags!

Nes

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 05:40 AM

I always enjoy seeing your work. Thanks again.

2000 F4 750
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Ok as promised I decided to re machine~re design to overall presentation of these spools

Despite the work I had invested I decided to raise my game and re machine them..!

This would be MUCH more involved than before...but ..."If a job is worth doing.,it is worth doing right.!"

I still wanted to carry the Japanese flag theme...but tie in the Kawasaki colours..(easy to say in theory..but very complicated to construct)

I am much more satisfied with the overall presentation now....and although I needn't cover the entire construction process (Having covered much of it previously) I will cover some of it in the accompanying photos.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by BG Wells; 08-29-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode