New Ducati V4 Superbike - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Nesca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb New Ducati V4 Superbike

At last!

Ducati's next superbike will be a V4 | Visordown

"DUCATI CEO Claudio Domenicli has said that its V4 engine is coming to its production bikes, although it’s unlikely we’ll see a V4-engined superbike before 2019.
A V4 replacement for the Panigale has been rumored for a while but has been verified by Domenicali commenting that a V4 superbike is ‘getting much, much closer.’
Speaking at Ducati’s MotoGP team presentation, Domenicali said:
‘The engine development we have made in MotoGP has been exceptional, we have an engine which is very reliable, very light, compact and has a lot of interesting technology. We are seriously thinking of introducing it to regular customers as it is a masterpiece of engineering.
‘It must be translated into something that can be sold to customers at a reasonably, even if premium, price. So it will not be an exotic bike like the Desmosedici, but a high-end sports bike. We cannot say when it will happen... but it is getting closer, much closer.’
Paulo Ciabatti, Ducati Corse Sporting Director may gave some indication of when the new V4 would arrive when he stated that the Ducati World Superbike team will ‘continue to race the Panigale in 2017 and 2018.’ "

What We Learned from the Ducati MotoGP Launch

"Ducati’s new V4 WorldSBK machine
Domenicali acknowledged that Ducati’s next Superbike will be a V4, and not a V2, and that the new engine would have a lot of MotoGP technology inside it.
“The engine development we have made in MotoGP has been exceptional. We have an engine which is very reliable, very light, compact and has a lot of interesting technology. We are seriously thinking of introducing it to regular customers as it is a masterpiece of engineering.”
This was not a replacement for Ducati’s previous ex-MotoGP road machine, the Desmosedici. Instead, it would be a premium sports bike, based on a V4 engine developed from MotoGP.
It would be sold at a “reasonable, if premium price”, which suggests it would be priced around the same as a Panigale R. Which, as it happens, is the bike Ducati race in WorldSBK.
Domenicali would not be drawn on when the bike would be available, nor would he say outright that Ducati would race the new V4 in WorldSBK. Ducati Sporting Director Paolo Ciabatti gave a hint or two, by accident more than design.
“For sure we will race with the Panigale for 2017 and 2018,” Ciabatti told us when we asked him. That meant continuing development of the twin, with the aim of winning a title with Chaz Davies.
Piecing together those hints, it suggests that Ducati will probably introduce their V4 Superbike for 2018. That would allow the bike to be raced in national series and maybe Superstock 1000 for the 2018 season, using that experience to iron out the bugs which inevitably plague a new project on a lower profile stage.
It would then allow Ducati to race the V4 in WorldSBK from the 2019 season. Of course, all this is speculation, but it seems built on rather solid foundations."

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 03:05 AM

New Site Garage
Good news for those of us that are not fans of the V two.

***Garage***
2018 Yamaha YZ250FX
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR Corsa
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:08 AM

New Site Garage
I've always loved the vee twin but always owned aprilia, for some reason ducati have never done it for me (prefer the underdog)

Will say though having now bought a vee four I can see why people rave about them. Lacks a bit right off the bottom but mid range onwards is phenomenal

Seeing a Duke vee four will definitely get me interested

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

In my opinion, the coexistence of L-twins and V4s will be phenomenal for Ducati and riders alike.
I do not share the worries of many people about legacy/history. And I have to state that I adore the twins.
Of course there might be challenges market wise but I believe the Ducati ecosystem can manage the 2 platforms.

Nes

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
I've always loved the vee twin but always owned aprilia, for some reason ducati have never done it for me (prefer the underdog)

Will say though having now bought a vee four I can see why people rave about them. Lacks a bit right off the bottom but mid range onwards is phenomenal

Seeing a Duke vee four will definitely get me interested
The V4 of Aprilia is an absolute jewel.
I hope you had the chance to experience the latest version of SuperDukes V-Twin.
One of the best engines ever made, I think.

Nes

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 05:32 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
The V4 of Aprilia is an absolute jewel.
I hope you had the chance to experience the latest version of SuperDukes V-Twin.
One of the best engines ever made, I think.
A friend owned a 2016 Pani 1199R - The ridiculous £27,000 one

He actually managed to slide it into a field with minimal damage due to a silly rider error on one of our summer rides

Absolutely brutal power but maybe because it was the R not S it was a bit flat off the bottom and berzek mid to top...it really is seriously fast when pinned hard on the road and definitely a track bike really. He has just sold it at same time I sold mine and bought the pikes peak 160bhp which is such a usable bike on the road and actually had the edge in performance over my dragster RR which would make me laugh as he was sat bolt upright on the thing flying down the road

Also the pani often got very hot when we went Isle of Man and any traffic meant it had to be turned off

I do love a fast vee twin though and both the Pani engine which I hope continues to run alongside the new vee four and the latest KTM 1301cc offering really keep the vee twins in business
Attached Images

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:48 AM

IMO, V4's are great, that being said, Ducati fans should welcome any new roll outs that include V4's.
I'm curious if this is more of a corporate development and perhaps a version of it will find it's way into VW and/or Audi perhaps Seat vehicles some time in the near future.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
A friend owned a 2016 Pani 1199R - The ridiculous £27,000 one

He actually managed to slide it into a field with minimal damage due to a silly rider error on one of our summer rides

Absolutely brutal power but maybe because it was the R not S it was a bit flat off the bottom and berzek mid to top...it really is seriously fast when pinned hard on the road and definitely a track bike really. He has just sold it at same time I sold mine and bought the pikes peak 160bhp which is such a usable bike on the road and actually had the edge in performance over my dragster RR which would make me laugh as he was sat bolt upright on the thing flying down the road

Also the pani often got very hot when we went Isle of Man and any traffic meant it had to be turned off

I do love a fast vee twin though and both the Pani engine which I hope continues to run alongside the new vee four and the latest KTM 1301cc offering really keep the vee twins in business
+1
And nice photo.
While I do love V-twins, for super-sports/super-bikes I am leaning towards 3 and 4 cylinders. Especially if it is an MV.
But I wish there always be some V-twin super-bikes available in the market.

Is it safe to assume you will be back with the new upcoming 4-cylinder Brutale?
dean100yz and dean100yz like this.

Nes

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 10:25 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
+1
And nice photo.
While I do love V-twins, for super-sports/super-bikes I am leaning towards 3 and 4 cylinders. Especially if it is an MV.
But I wish there always be some V-twin super-bikes available in the market.

Is it safe to assume you will be back with the new upcoming 4-cylinder Brutale?
Absolutely! Thats why Im active on here. Im watching instagram posts and here to see when a new Brutale or Dragster 1000 come out. Would prefer a triple 1100+cc but given the way MV make their inline 4s sound and feel Id still go with that

Until it happens I'll be riding the vee four 1100 aprilia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode