2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

F3 noise level

Hello all

Since I got the F3 beginning 2012 I havnt been for a track day!

The problem I have is that the bike is to noisy for the tracks i live close to. Mostly the track noise limit is 95 or 100db, and the f3 is rated to 106 (according the frame sticker havnt tested myself).

Is there a way to make it quieter so i can pass the 95db limit?

All of you that take your f3 to tracks, how did you do?

Is it only here in europe that the noise limit is lower than the standard bike noise level?

Grateful for answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM

Hi,
I'm in the same situation : you have to buy a racing silencer to pass the noise limits (it's not a joke) I bought a termignoni carbon who sounds 94dB with the killer. By the way, you 'll win some ponnies and loose few kgs!!
Go and see in performance thread the pictures.
Cheers
The D16(ducati motogp street version) is in the same case.Not allowed to run on tracks with the stock exhaust.

If you are confortable with your bike, you are not fast enough ! John Kocinski
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 02:33 AM

We have the same issues here in the UK. Most tracks are 102-105dB. So I'm a bit worried I won't make it out to the track without some serious expense!

As I understand Brands is a bit lenient, but I'm going to see if I can get the bike properly tested before I commit my cash to a TD.

I'd love a new pipe but if I was to spend the money I'd prefer an FM or Zero one, which certainly won't pass the noise limits.

But for the price of a new pipe I can get a cheap Track Bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 PM

Wildfire, one possible option is to to select the rain map when noise testing, as it delivers a significant bhp cut and a soft and gentle throttle curve, it may well be a bit quieter when you have to test it. Then when waiting in pit lane select sport and off you go.

jimboF4
Kageira and Glenno like this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 03:03 PM

I done a sound check in rain mode and found it slightly louder. What I have found is that the bike is 4-5 dbs quieter when cold. Dont warm it up before Sound check.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 03:12 PM

I got this exhaust for trackdays from a forum member. Not the best looking exhaust but it was cheap. With the aid of an db killer and a t-spoon got the sound down to roughly 96 db cold. Gotta get it properly sound checked to see if I can get on at castle coombe. 105db @ 3/4 max revs its gonna be close.

Attached Images

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 04:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to F3Racer
Hi!
We have have big problem here in Sweden also . We use another method I guess.. We have a 95 db "bypass" and the db-tester 10 meters from raceline. With the Termignoni with db-killer it gives around 98db so itīs not easy. Without db-killer it gives around 102-103 db. I have close contact with the factory to see if they can make something more silent, so we just have to wait.

Life is racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
I got this exhaust for trackdays from a forum member. Not the best looking exhaust but it was cheap. With the aid of an db killer and a t-spoon got the sound down to roughly 96 db cold. Gotta get it properly sound checked to see if I can get on at castle coombe. 105db @ 3/4 max revs its gonna be close.

Wow. Sexy.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 12:34 PM

Any recent experience with stock f3 675 on track? I signed up for a track day and am getting a little nervous...

Calabogie motorsports park in Canada, if anyone has any experience that would be great.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 06:34 PM

Just figured I'd follow up, my bike rated 96db from 10 feet. No issues, there were some pretty beastly rsv4s that were much louder than me so maybe I was lucky or the bike just wasn't warm enough to truly scream.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in