F3 (675/800) vs. F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

F3 (675/800) vs. F4

Does anyone have both of these models? I'm thinking about picking up an F3 (probably an 800) for track day duty and I'd like to hear the perspective of anyone that's ridden both models. Especially if you've done track time on both.

Will
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Can't give an informed opinion, sorry. But I'd be really interested in hearing about this.

When I was looking to buy my F3, I was offered an F4 at a very similar price. For me the F4, was just too big. I think for a fun out and out track day, you can't go wrong with an F3 800. If I'd had the cash it would have been my premium choice.

Not that I'm disappointed in the slightest with my 675.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 AM

hi, I've just chopped my 675 for the 800, i also have the F4 R in the garage, its still early days with the 800 only got it on good friday so have yet to really give it some, but first impressions are very favourable, love the shifter and slipper clutch, as far as comparing F3 to F4 its a difficult one bikes are like chalk and cheese .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM

New Site Garage
I like both, for different reasons. It's the typical 600 & 1000 question. If I picked a F3, it would be the 800, more power, better brakes, slipper clutch. Easy choice.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The F4 is a lot of bike for the track. I don't in any way regret buying and owning it. But a middle weight is more suited to track duty. I don't visit many tracks that allow me to "stretch the legs" on the F4. But I knew that going in.

Thanks for offering your take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Can't give an informed opinion, sorry. But I'd be really interested in hearing about this.

When I was looking to buy my F3, I was offered an F4 at a very similar price. For me the F4, was just too big. I think for a fun out and out track day, you can't go wrong with an F3 800. If I'd had the cash it would have been my premium choice.

Not that I'm disappointed in the slightest with my 675.

Will
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The thing that has always turned me off about middle weight bikes is the fact/sense that you have to wring the snot out of the engine (run high revs) to get to their powerband. Obviously this is not the case on an F4 or any other literbike. Do you guys have to wind up the F3 to get power out of it like you would on say an R6? I have heard good reviews on the Triumph 675, which I feel is the most comparable bike to the MV Agusta F3 range of middle weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
hi, I've just chopped my 675 for the 800, i also have the F4 R in the garage, its still early days with the 800 only got it on good friday so have yet to really give it some, but first impressions are very favourable, love the shifter and slipper clutch, as far as comparing F3 to F4 its a difficult one bikes are like chalk and cheese .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I like both, for different reasons. It's the typical 600 & 1000 question. If I picked a F3, it would be the 800, more power, better brakes, slipper clutch. Easy choice.

Will
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 PM
hes

This is my opinion and mine only

I have a 2006 F4s; a 2008 Brutale S, a Desmo, F4 CC and lastly a F3 675

Before buying the F3 (last one I bought) my track bike was the Brutale. Easy for me ... it was the cheapest of all

Now my track bike is the F3 ... but because it is pure fun. Tracks here are quite technical. So no super long straights (except TWS) so you dont really need a liter bike.

And yes, if you ask the question ... I took all my bikes to the track, with the exception of the CC.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

What made you trade your 675 for the 800 if you don't mind me asking?

Once you have put some miles on the new F3 800 I'd be interested in hearing what you think about the engine in it versus your experience with the 675.

Thanks for offering your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceepee View Post

Will
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

You make sense. By "TWS", do you mean Texas World Speedway?

Thanks for offering your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
This is my opinion and mine only

I have a 2006 F4s; a 2008 Brutale S, a Desmo, F4 CC and lastly a F3 675

Before buying the F3 (last one I bought) my track bike was the Brutale. Easy for me ... it was the cheapest of all

Now my track bike is the F3 ... but because it is pure fun. Tracks here are quite technical. So no super long straights (except TWS) so you dont really need a liter bike.

And yes, if you ask the question ... I took all my bikes to the track, with the exception of the CC.

Will
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 AM

New Site Garage
F3 (675/800) vs. F4

I think youd have to consider your riding experience and track experience. If your starting out on the track than the f3 would be a goid choice. But if you have alot of track experience i think the F4 would better suit. But thats just me. Alot of guys would debate saying a smaller bike is better its more fun but being able to tame a 1000cc on the track is not easy and for me im always trying to brake later and get on the throttle earlier every time im out. I have just as much fun in the corners and on the brakes if not more cause im grabbing a whole handful of the lever to slow me down while the rear end bounces and skips about now thats fun.

But thats just me. If your confident rider i would go the F4. I would get bored of the F3 in no time. I have a SPR i have put on the track. I have a CC that i ride on the road and a suzuki K8 1000 race bike i track always and i have more than enough fun on it.

My two cents

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode