Need Advice On Aftermarket Parts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Need Advice On Aftermarket Parts

Fellas, putting together my track bike F3 675 Would appreciated feedback on some parts I want to buy; first hand experience and photos would be greatly appreciated:

Rearsets: GP shift

Fairing stay: Anyone have a one that can accept the front headlight?

Steeering damper: Matris vs. Ohlins

Shorty levers

Thanks.

Last edited by redphu72; 04-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 PM

New Site Garage
Definatley have GP shift. I dont know how experienced you are but having your foot ontop of the lever in a left hand corner is much benefit to you as your foot isnt under the lever hitting the road.

Ohlins suspension is what i have no arguements there.

I dont like short levers. I like the longer ones like on the brembo master cylinder so i can grab the lever with my hand and pull back. Even though i use two or three fingers gives me better feel on the brakes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM

New Site Garage
Are you keeping standard bodywork ? Is that why you need a fairing bracket for a headlight ?
Here's a heap of options for race equipment - http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-a...ng-accessories
And some race fairings - http://catalystracingcomposites.com/...road-race.html
And rearsets - http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-a...ta-f3-rearsets

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I only ride w/ GP shift pattern. Which rearsets allow GP shift w/ easy installation without any modification; I had to do this with my RSV4 factory Pain in the ASSSS.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Donsy: You read my mind. I'm torn b/w stock vs. race fairings. I bought the bike with missing/damaged front/side/belly fairings so I'd like to be able to track it and occasionally street it as well. I would like to keep the work to a minimum when switching back and forth (track/street). Any US vendors? Thanks.

Last edited by redphu72; 04-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 PM

This may sound like a dumb question but what bike are we talking about? F4, F3, brutale … Ducati

It makes a difference to rear sets. I had to cut a hole in the fairing of my F4 to put GP shift on as the arm from the gear spline went down and hit the fairing where as for the F3 it's just a matter of getting GP shift rearsets and fitting them. The F4 had Gillies Tooling rears sets. There is also the option for the F4 of changing the 'drum' in the gear box to obtain GP shift which means the original gear lever is fine.

On a F3, if header pipes are fitted then a sensor becomes disabled and this info appears on the dash. Someone is doing a 'mod' to over ride the sensor malfunction display.

For rear sets I'd suggest you opt for ones with a large range of adjustment and don't go for anything fancy (there is a tendancy to put a track bike down at some stage or other and insurance doesn't cover the repairs). Lightech now have footpegs and toe pegs which are folding. They suggest solid for track and folding for road.

Also, if a pre 2010 F4, fit RG3 pipes as they make a huge difference to the engine response of the bike.

And one final question, where are you?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

oops correction made f3 675 2013 presently in San Diego and looking to move to the Bay Area ASAP; Big Apple boy needs more city life.

Last edited by redphu72; 04-17-2014 at 12:05 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 AM

I just oredered some Rizoma rearsets for my F3 and was informed that the Lightech and Rizoma are similar in quality and adjustment with the Rizoma a few hundred cheaper.

Also had a chat to a mechanic, who seems to know the F3, who pointed out that the race bikes all have 3-1 exhaust as these improve the hp/performance. There is a race bike competeing in the Australian series (no idea of the category as the Australian racing is up shit creek from all reports).

Should qualify the header pipe . if race glass is fitted then some sensors are removed or over ridden and an error appears on the dash. This may also apply to a race exhaust system. There is a thread about this.

The mechanic also said the batteries are a pain as they are under the tank. the F3 comes with a plug under the seat for the battery so you may wish to invest in a suitable adapter/lead for the plug as you can't redily access the battery if it is flat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode