Laguna Seca - CLASS Riding School - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lc_brutale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 371
New Site Garage
Laguna Seca - CLASS Riding School

I finally got on the track - it's been 11 years since the last time. We (my wife and daughter) were going to Monterey for Spring Break and my wife noticed that there happened to be a track school going on at Laguna Seca - so I signed up.

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't so cooperative. The morning was okay if a bit cold, but after lunch it started to rain. I got one session done in the rain and it started raining so hard you could hardly see. Greg Pridmore offered discounts to those still there (many left the minute it started to rain) if he canceled the rest of the day. He normally runs the school rain or shine, but it had gotten pretty bad. It was interesting riding in the rain on the one session I did.

While the whole experience wasn't what I had hoped for, it was epic to ride on Laguna Seca. Going over the corkscrew is like nothing else I've ever ridden. Except for the long straightaway, I rode the rest of the track in 2nd and 3rd - I've never thrashed my bike so much - a blast. Love the sound of it - even with everything stock.

Didn't have time to break through some barriers I'd hoped to (I want to get more confident with my lean angle), but still had a blast.

I want to give a shout out to Richard (Rickyleesurf). He very kindly garaged my bike for a couple of days so that it didn't have to sit at our hotel while my family and I did our thing. I didn't have to worry about it and it didn't have to sit out in the yucky weather we had. Love this forum!! Thanks, Richard!

I don't have any on track photos. I am trying to find out who the professional photographer that was there and see what he has. If I get any photos, I'll post them in the Official Track Day Picture thread. Here's a couple of shots before the day started.
Attached Images
  

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
lc_brutale is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Senior Member
 
J_Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redding, California
Posts: 2,431
New Site Garage
Looks like fun! I may try to grab a lot in one of those classes.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
J_Spec is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
I would love to ride that track, sorry about the bad weather man.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lc_brutale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 371
New Site Garage
Oh, and I wanted to mention this encounter I had. When we came back home to SoCal, I rode the bike part of the way before putting it back in the truck for the long haul through LA traffic. Anyway, as I got off my bike in a parking lot, a car pulled up next to me:
Guy in car, "Beautiful bike, mate!"
Me, "Thanks."
Guy in car, "What make is it?"
Me, "MV Agusta"
Guy in car, "Agusta? I don't think we have those over in Australia."
Me, "Actually, you probably have more of them over there than here judging by the number of Australians on the MV online forum."
Guy in car, "Huh, I must have just thought they were Ducatis. Anyway, that's a nice looking bike. G'day, mate!"

... for all you Australians out there.

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
lc_brutale is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
lmfao, over here, we also struggle Chris.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
J_Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redding, California
Posts: 2,431
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc_brutale View Post
Oh, and I wanted to mention this encounter I had. When we came back home to SoCal, I rode the bike part of the way before putting it back in the truck for the long haul through LA traffic. Anyway, as I got off my bike in a parking lot, a car pulled up next to me:
Guy in car, "Beautiful bike, mate!"
Me, "Thanks."
Guy in car, "What make is it?"
Me, "MV Agusta"
Guy in car, "Agusta? I don't think we have those over in Australia."
Me, "Actually, you probably have more of them over there than here judging by the number of Australians on the MV online forum."
Guy in car, "Huh, I must have just thought they were Ducatis. Anyway, that's a nice looking bike. G'day, mate!"

... for all you Australians out there.
Happens to me pretty much every time I ride. Or talk to anyone about my bike. Lol.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
J_Spec is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 01:23 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 47
Great stories lc!!!
Brutista is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Established Member
 
BigWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 114
I second that emotion. Even at stop lights, I'll have a guy pull up next to me and ask, "Is that a Ducati?". To which I respond, "No, it's an MV Agusta". And the response is either, "What", or "I've never seen one of those in person".

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spec View Post
Happens to me pretty much every time I ride. Or talk to anyone about my bike. Lol.

Will
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BigWill is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Established Member
 
BigWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 114
lc_brutale,

I'll have to get up there for a track day eventually. But I have heard that the bike MUST have the stock exhaust fitted or be able to pass a noise decibel limit. Is there any truth to this or is it just a rumor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc_brutale View Post
I finally got on the track - it's been 11 years since the last time. We (my wife and daughter) were going to Monterey for Spring Break and my wife noticed that there happened to be a track school going on at Laguna Seca - so I signed up.

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't so cooperative. The morning was okay if a bit cold, but after lunch it started to rain. I got one session done in the rain and it started raining so hard you could hardly see. Greg Pridmore offered discounts to those still there (many left the minute it started to rain) if he canceled the rest of the day. He normally runs the school rain or shine, but it had gotten pretty bad. It was interesting riding in the rain on the one session I did.

While the whole experience wasn't what I had hoped for, it was epic to ride on Laguna Seca. Going over the corkscrew is like nothing else I've ever ridden. Except for the long straightaway, I rode the rest of the track in 2nd and 3rd - I've never thrashed my bike so much - a blast. Love the sound of it - even with everything stock.

Didn't have time to break through some barriers I'd hoped to (I want to get more confident with my lean angle), but still had a blast.

I want to give a shout out to Richard (Rickyleesurf). He very kindly garaged my bike for a couple of days so that it didn't have to sit at our hotel while my family and I did our thing. I didn't have to worry about it and it didn't have to sit out in the yucky weather we had. Love this forum!! Thanks, Richard!

I don't have any on track photos. I am trying to find out who the professional photographer that was there and see what he has. If I get any photos, I'll post them in the Official Track Day Picture thread. Here's a couple of shots before the day started.

Will
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BigWill; 04-24-2014 at 11:22 AM.
BigWill is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
lc_brutale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oceanside, California
Posts: 371
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWill View Post
lc_brutale,

I'll have to get up there for a track day eventually. But I have heard that the bike MUST have the stock exhaust fitted or be able to pass a noise decibel limit. Is there any truth to this or is it just a rumor?
Not a rumor, and very true. The riding school was very clear that they have no control and that if the sound people at Laguna determine that your bike is past the limit (stock exhaust or not) then you can't go on the track. The riding school referred people to some local guy that adds something to your exhaust to make it pass and I remember seeing a bunch of bikes with weird little ninety degree outlets on their exhausts which I assume helped them pass.

I was worried at first that even with my stock exhaust, I might not pass, but I was never flagged, so I guess it was fine. Apparently there is a specific spot on the track where they measure the sound as you go by, but I was too busy having fun to notice .

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
lc_brutale is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome