675 or 800? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

675 or 800?

I'd like to take a poll. Looking for a track duty bike. If you had the choice would it be a 675 or 800. I'm fairly new to track riding, got bumped to beginning intermediate. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 01:28 AM

New Site Garage
I'd get the 800, you can do a custom map till you get nicely used to it, and then go full power.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 AM

I would go with the 800. It has more potential and better brakes. About the only thing I would add is a steering stabilizer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 PM

Go with the 675. Smaller bikes make you a better, smoother rider. Bigger hp bikes hide mistakes much better.
To go fast on smaller bikes you have to brake later, carry more corner speed, get on the gas sooner!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2much View Post
Go with the 675. Smaller bikes make you a better, smoother rider. Bigger hp bikes hide mistakes much better.

To go fast on smaller bikes you have to brake later, carry more corner speed, get on the gas sooner!

+1

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
The choice is yours of course. Personally I enjoy going fast on smaller bikes. I dont know how to explain it. I get more enjoyment out of actually having to work to go fast. Later braking more corner speed and going from braking to the apex then grabbing a wrist full of throttle is more work than "gas....break....turn....gas" . Ive ran 3 different bikes in many different classes throughout my club days. At one point I ran in 7 sprint races on Sundays using three different bikes. A 2004 zx 10... 2006 yamaha R6 and A old 1999 suzuki sv 650 that I ran in lightweight twins and in heavyweight twins. The sv was so much fun. I was winning in lightweight and coming in second place in the heavyweight class only to a damn Ducati 1098 with my lil ol sv. That bike made my lap times on the other two drop by seconds. Learning how to ride a small bike fast will only make you a better rider overall. It was so much fun beating big twins on the breaks and checking out on the lil ol sv.

Last edited by ondgas; 03-11-2014 at 08:12 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
I did run a 2007 gsxr 750 for about half a season. That was fun as well running it against the liter bikes. On smaller tracks where the straight speed really doesn't matter the lap times were just as good as most and better than some liter bikes. I ran faster lap times on my 750 than I did on that zx10. I just couldn't get on the gas as quick with the big bike. Times have changed and now there is this lil thing called traction control. Ive never been on the track with traction control. Im from the throttle control school. I would like to give it a try one day though. Might just be fun but whats the fun in letting the bike do all the work for you. :-)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to DimST Send a message via Yahoo to DimST
If you're experienced trackday user, F3 800 is the way to go.
Has the best of both worlds, supersport 600 agility with modern high rev wide powerband engine and with real world power output that you can actually use it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys. I went with the 675 and can't wait to get it on the track. I just need race glass, GP shift rear sets and a steering damper for now. Would love the gubellini setup in the future. Would love to hear some feedback on track set ups. Thanks again for the great advice.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 PM

You'll find the stock suspension is fine at ride day pace but not up to race pace. Particularly on tighter circuits where your transitions happen more quickly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode