Team Double 3 Race Bike Prep and Tricks - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Team Double3 Racing Bike Prep and Customising

So, here we are, 2015 and another year to throw money down the big old hole called "racing" .

The decision was made by the executive commission ( ) and Mitc, that we/I will go racing full season again for 2015, after 2013/14 turned into a medical nightmare with next surgery ...etc..
I will use this thread to share the experience, the pains of loosing weight, getting fitter (note - just fitter, not quite fit, that's too hard), and then the bits about the ever continuing fiddling and rebuilding the bikes.

We are happy to have EPS _ Electrical Pump Systems and Penrite Oils on board as sponsors with Al from Design Corse helping out as usual which is very much appreciated as I know he's sponsoring another forum member full time at the moment.
We are still looking towards raising funds for other running cost's as my current work situation brings in no money at all.

Got the screw removed from my shoulder/neck, and had 3 vertebra (C5.6 & 7) fused on May 5th 2014 and the left knee reconstruction was a great success, just have to try and get past this Diverticulitis as I don't have the time or money to go for intestine surgery, so the diet had to change quite drastically.

I hope to see some of you trackside, the rest will have to keep an eye on Carl's Trackday thread for pictures. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24141

Anyway, there are some good maintenance and modification tips in here, so I decided to change it to a general mods thread, lots of the info and experience gathered over the year also applies or can be applied to guys still road riding.

If there is anything I am doing that you would like to see more pictures of, or add some experiance or tips for me, please just ask or add as I go along.
There is a few things we will be looking at, most not much use for the guys who still ride on the road, but might still be interesting to read and see, and some very important bits for all to see.
And you can follow us on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Double3-Racing/153264738050813

So here goes - a list of what has been done.

The Bike or Bikes:

F4 1000R Stock Motor and Frame and sub-frame.
F4 750 Steering Head in both Bikes.
Brembo wheels 2x sets and Star wheels for Wet Races.
Brembo Goldline P4 Calipers, Hel custom individual brake lines, will be going back to a single spilt system again.
Oil cooler conversion, thanks Noel for your input, parts via CAG and eBay.
1000R forks and Andreani cartridge kit via forum member and Design Corse.
1000 Ago forks, radial brake conversion and Andreanni cartridge kit.
Nitron rear shock via Design Corse.
Mupo rear shock via Design Corse.
Custom made wiring loom.
Antigravity and Shorai Batteries via eBay Australia .
Microtec ECU M191 and M226 from X-Bikes. [ email [email protected] or through our website www.xbikes.cc ]
Bodis Tail pipes and Arrow Twin Ti exhaust or Silmotor carbon cans, using standard headers and decat midpipe via Design Corse and CAG.
Custom inlet trumpets, thanks Brian and CAG.
Domino throttle and grips via Design Corse.
Ohlins Standard Steering damper or CRG Rotary Item from USA.
520 Chain conversion 15:40 tooth or upto 15:43 depending on gearbox configuration - using factory gearbox parts, BIG thanks to "rsawkins", "gotojoe", "adecritten", "JDS" and Design Corse.
Brembo RCS Master Cylinders on Brakes and Clutch via STG.
PP Tuning Handelbars via Design Corse.
PP Tuning Rearsets via Design Corse.
STM slipper Clutch via forum member and Design Corse.
Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder via Design Corse and Evolutionbike.
MITCH SUPER HUB.
Carbon Airbox with MWR race air filter via Design Corse and X-Bikes.
Carbon race air tubes from Design Corse only.
Cordona and Annitori Quickshifters via Quicklapperformance and Annitori racing .
Catalyst Composites Race fairings.
Design Corse Race Water pump on one bike, Vesuvio upgrade pump on other bike..
STM switchgear from Design Corse.
Carbon chain guards and engine case protection via Evolutionbike.
PowerBronze screen sponsored by Design Corse.
Fasteners from Kurvey Girls.

And then the "To Do" list.

1. I have removed my wiring loom and pulled out everything that is not used anymore. I have now put new and permanent connections and switches on the loom on the bike, STM switches.
2. Raise money for travel, fuel and entry cost's.
3. Get the launch control working properly.
4. Repair damaged Microtec M197 or buy another M226.
5. Repair and paint second bike fairings and body.
6. Get the Mupo fork inserts working properly.
7. Buy remote pre-load adjuster for Mupo rear shock.
8. Do some more alterations on the gearbox.

I will add pictures from various stages of the stripping, prepping and assembling of the bike and the spare chassis. So if you have any questions or requests, then now is your time to do so.

I hope we can turn this into a mutually informative and supportive thread too, I will go through brake bleeding if you want, as well as hub servicing and oil changing, even steering bearing changing and suspension fiddling, all if you are willing to do your bit of course.

I have noticed more guys are dragging their MV's onto the track and I think this is a good place for us to help each other, feel free to ask, I will help where I can

Dons Nel

Mobile +61438 385 776

Thanks for your help and time.

PS. Microtec options:
Microtec M226 ECU:
The infamous Microtec ECU that we have been working with for over 6 years now. Programmable in a number of areas this ECU offers performance on a level way above anything else currently on the market with improvements in low down performance being well documented.

Other inputs that are supported are:
Quick shifter control
Launch control
Pitlane speed limiter
Full control of ignition map
Full control of fuel maps
Full control of EBS Valve.
Full control of TSS Valve
Full control of fuel and ignition transients
Full control of fan activation
Adjustable rev limit.
Traction control adjustment on new Brutale.

These ECU's fit all of the following models:
1000R
312R
312RR 1078
Brutale 1078
Brutale 910R (euro3)
Brutale 989
Brutale 990 (2010>)
Brutale 1090 (2010>) Not ABS model

Microtec M227 ECU:
This is the plug and play ECU for the 2010-2012 F4R/RR which offers all of the same level of adjustments as the M226 as well as a few other kery areas.
The biggest areas are gear specific data, full access to the traction control maps, TSS control and injection partitioning for the upper to lower injector rail bias.
All other features such as map select, Launch control, pit limiter etc are as the M226.

email [email protected] or through our website www.xbikes.cc
Dunlop likes this.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 09-15-2016 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Adding pictures and info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Established Member

Wink Team manager....

We are very excited with all the new bits, etc. that we get to put on the MV for next season and who knows... I might get to use my lounge again...
We appreciate all that everyone has contributed over the past two years and look forward to your ongoing support and advice.

Liesl
Loving the racing life ....

post #3 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:14 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Donsy,as you know I am a bit of a battler too, and I am robbing my business to pay for the hub design and production,so I would like to donate the $500.00 for your dyno cost out of the income of the hubs I have sold so please PM me your bank account details so I can send you some money,My contribution for 2012.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Red face Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Donsy,as you know I am a bit of a battler too, and I am robbing my business to pay for the hub design and production,so I would like to donate the $500.00 for your dyno cost out of the income of the hubs I have sold so please PM me your bank account details so I can send you some money,My contribution for 2012.
You know me Mitch, and this is a huge THANK YOU from ALL of us, thank you soo much, I will do my best to see you in person for a big kiss and bear hugg for sure, maybe at Bubba 4 ?
I have added the team bank details to the first post.
Thanks Proud Pop's, from a very humble Nel family.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:41 AM

Racing

How you do it I donīt know.
This is my first year with a top race team here in Spain, and what an eye opener it has been, re costs.
All the best for next season. E mail later.
Frank.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #6 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Hi Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnfast View Post
How you do it I donīt know.
This is my first year with a top race team here in Spain, and what an eye opener it has been, re costs.
All the best for next season. E mail later.
Frank.
Good to see you are going strong still mate, you answered you own question there - with help from all you guys, that's how. Keep well mate.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Various #1

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 11-19-2011 at 08:17 AM.
post #8 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV 2B View Post
We are very excited with all the new bits, etc. that we get to put on the MV for next season and who knows... I might get to use my lounge again...
We appreciate all that everyone has contributed over the past two years and look forward to your ongoing support and advice.
Donsy, you are a lucky man to have a woman like this on your side......

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exclamation +100 Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Donsy, you are a lucky man to have a woman like this on your side......
You are so right Ed - quote from Facebook -

Credit time in my house. My wife has been helping me all week while Liam (Apprentice) is on Holidays.
From carrying shit all over the place to doing actual jobs. Then getting home, having a quick shower and off to work in the restuarant till midnight again.
She was on the roof in Collie today helping me take roof sheets off (despite being terrified of heights), you are a star Liesl Nel, missing you very much tonight while you are at work again. No man could ask for a better wife, friend or lover - Love you sooo much !!!

And she is at work again right now while I work on the MV and look after the "not so young" kids.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 794 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
v2

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode