Equipping an F4 1000R MY10+ for racing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Equipping an F4 1000R MY10+ for racing

As a new owner of one of these amazing bikes I would like to ask some help from the other members. This to get help with some bits and pieces of information on above subject.

I now have an F4 1000R -12 which will be a track and race only bike
In order to fare better in the unfortunate, but highly likely event of a crash, I am equipping the bike as best I can with crash protection.

So far I have managed LH engine side protection, GSG full kit, PP Tuning levers, PP Tuning rearset and fairings.
My main problem at the moment is LH engine protection and fairing stay.

Anyone out there know of a good fairing stay and if Sato Racing are the only ones making RH engine protection for the MY10+ bikes?

Another question, while I am at it. Rims... As far as I`ve understood, more or less any F4 750/1000 rear rim will fit, but front rim needs to be a MY10+ ? Seen some info on adapters and such, but is it worth the hassle or is it better to use the correct MY?

As I live in Europe, preferrably dealers are located there, but if it is good enough and not otherwise aquirable, anywhere in the world will do(as long as I can order it).

Season starts in 29 days now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM

I am racing my 2010 this year so we should definitely share notes. What is GSG full kit?

I used Sato Racing for left and right side engine protection. Same clip-ons and rearsets as you.

fairing stay. I found this and tried to buy it but we're having a technical issue with shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FHMV01-MV-...:X:AAQ:GB:1123
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
I am racing my 2010 this year so we should definitely share notes. What is GSG full kit?

I used Sato Racing for left and right side engine protection. Same clip-ons and rearsets as you.

fairing stay. I found this and tried to buy it but we're having a technical issue with shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FHMV01-MV-...:X:AAQ:GB:1123
Perfect. Another lunatic I was afraid I would be the only one racing a newer MV.

GSG is this. Find MV Agusta in the left menu.

Perfect. Didn`t know that Ricambi Weiss sold that. I have bought some other things earlier from them and it has worked ok, so your stuff will probably come. I will order one there also.

I actually got PP Tuning for LH engine protection.

Sato for RH side engine.. where did you get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 PM

Yeah, we're nuts, but I think the F4 can be an awesome racebike.

I got the stuff direct from satoracing.com. Oh, these tank protectors from Al are fantastic.

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...ank_Sliders_F4
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I will probably take my chances with customs and order from U.S. I really can`t wait any longer. Bike has to be ready in 25 days.. First training for the year takes place on Brno. Can hardly wait to try her out a little

What about spare wheels? Do you know the specifics on what is useable?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM

I have the Ricambi Weiss fairing bracket, they delivered it OK.

It's worth having a look on the ignition lock location (if Your bikes still have it)
The key sticks up pretty high, so if the bike rolls over if get damaged fairly easily.

I'll have a look if it can be relocated lower when using the race fairing bracket.

Regarding the older wheels - I have a pair of the original silver star wheels as a second pair.
Rear is straight fit, for front You need the spacers that came with pre 2010 bikes that had Marzocchi fork and Brembo brakes.
They are not expensive and if You have access to a lathe allso easy to make.
If You have an extra front wheel axle just keep it in the old wheel with the spacers in place - no hassle.

(Edit: part no. for the spacers is 8000A3470, I'd guess they're around 40-50€ from Startwin incl moms).

Last edited by Gatling; 03-28-2013 at 04:52 AM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned

Aren't the old star wheels mega heavy? My bike has em and I'm not concerned about the weight but have read that you can save a ton of weight by going to the newer lighter ones. Other than price what would the advantages be on the track?

P.S. Not being judgmental. Just curious.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

@rchase: My main concern is now money.. So I for one, would go with more or less anything that fits.. As long as it is from this side of the century at least.
Everything needed, apart from spare Wheels, is coming in and the bike is very soon ready to race with now

@Gatling: Do you by any chance ride on Kemora? I will be there for a week in middle July.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotek View Post
@rchase: My main concern is now money.. So I for one, would go with more or less anything that fits.. As long as it is from this side of the century at least.
Everything needed, apart from spare Wheels, is coming in and the bike is very soon ready to race with now

@Gatling: Do you by any chance ride on Kemora? I will be there for a week in middle July.
That makes sense. A heavy spare wheel is better than no spare wheel at all. Good luck with the build. It's quite exciting to have new parts coming in.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
That makes sense. A heavy spare wheel is better than no spare wheel at all. Good luck with the build. It's quite exciting to have new parts coming in.
Mhm. At least as you don`t look at the bank account, seeing it plummet like the stock market during the 30`s .

But an unparallelled feeling seeing her rise to her true self, dressed for racing . Not as good looking, yet beautiful.

Will be back soon with updates and maybe some pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode