Sound restrictions at your local track - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Cool Sound restrictions at your local track

I noticed a sign on the gate at my loca track the other day. No machines permitted with a noise reading over 95 Decibels....at 30m.

That's a long way. It would have to be freaking loud to be over that. What distance is the Db measurement taken at for EU tracks? Distance will have a big impact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM

I don’t know about EU tracks but here in Ontario at least one track sets it 92 db limit at 15 meters as the bike passes at full throttle.
See post #21 on the Zard F3 system thread.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 AM

Over here it depends on the track and the organizer but from experience, this is what i have seen:

1. enforcement on-track done by having mikes along the straight. this is about 10-20m from the bike and you can "cheat" by rolling off the throttle or by short shifting.
2. since there are fines and licenses that have been lost by tracks in the past, they usually require organizers to test prior to allowing the bikes on the track. this is done from about 1.5-2m from the exhaust and with 75% throttle.

I've seen these tests in this manner in France, Belgium, UK, Italy and Germany...of course, there are some tracks or "special days" where there are no limits but you limit where and when you can go to the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

I Imagine the special days are targetted for some of the classic bikes and cars. Many of those weren't muffled at all.

What is the world coming to. Quiet inoffensive race engines yet we let politicians speak in public. I know which one I find 'noise pollution'.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM

in europe, it strongly depends on the track. happily the most
beautiful tracks like Barcelona, Aragon, Valencia, Mugello, Brünn
dont have any noise restriction.

other tracks like hockenheim require a measurment before you are allowed onto the track: less than 100 db measured at 6000 rpm with
1 m distance.

unfortunately, Sachsenring has a very sever noise restriction. They measure the noise along the track, and once a certain limit of db
per hour is reached, the track gets closed for the rest of the day. so
most organizers only allow stock exhausts systems. (no chance i can ever go to Sachsenring with my MV)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 AM

closest track to me is laguna seca and they have a noise restriction of 92 db. only 2 days out of the year do they lift the restrictions and thats for motogp.

doing track days there in my car, ive seen people run an exhaust tip that points away from the direction of the sound reader. if they catch you once, you are warned, catch you twice and your track day is over.

sonoma raceway (infineon/sears point whatever you want to call it) has no noise restriction. the only reason laguna seca has one is because its right near the coast very close to multi million dollar homes.

Last edited by kelsodeez; 02-19-2013 at 05:15 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Big Randaddy

Bubbaland doesn't have any sound restrictions. Road Atlanta does have a 11:00 til Noon on Sunday no sound restriction due to local churches.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

Barber Motorsports is noise restriction free as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will buy property near a noisy business like an airport or race track and then think they have the right to complain. It's a shame nobody ever says "sorry you should have done your homework idiot".

I used to fly out of an airport where a golf course was put in years later right at the end of the runway and they used to whine and complain about the noise from the planes. This of course was with many of the pilots being mindful of them being there and using different departure and approach procedures. Of course there were a few crashes too at the golf course too. When someone took off that was overloaded or who did not check the density altitude they ended up right on the golf course. I wonder if they are still in business. I know if I were a golfer the idea of getting crushed by a crashing plane would not really appeal to me much.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM

New Site Garage
Done track days at six tracks in the Southeast U.S. and none had noise restrictions.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down 92db?

noise at the track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhAeLGxEPs

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode