Protection for Racetrack any use? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Protection for Racetrack any use?

I just found these:
http://www.performanceparts.de/MV-AG...rotectors.html
and these:
http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV...8e6b2a256af642

but it doesnt really look like they are going to protect your fairing when you see the fotos of them on the MV. With one crash the side fairing is a goner isnt it?

Anybody any other good tips what to buy to do work but do not cost a fortune?
Attached Images

Isn't the F4 the most beautiful bike you have ever seen?

Last edited by Rommeld; 01-10-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Talking

I use these, and I know they work a treat

http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
I use these, and I know they work a treat

http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/

But your fairing is still damaged looking at the picture..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Smile

I think the white marks are from the gravel/litter from the side of the track. I didn't dust it down before I took the pic. Plus when the rear set went west, it lowered the bike onto the tarmac more. You know, the rear set raised it off the ground a little more, It provided a lift point, until it broke off......

I don't think there are sliders that will save all of your fairings from being scratched up or marked in the advent of a low side, unless you have the perfect crash.......

The only way I think you could prevent the bottom from scratching up like that is if you do more fairing cutting, and add a SATO Engine Slider on the right side (I have the SATO engine sliders both sides and am getting the fairings cut to suit). So when laying the bike down on its side, the bike will be propped up by its rear set, frame slider, engine slider and handle bar end weight.

Really, I think it is wishful thinking you could possibly crash without damaging your fairing. I'm talking crashing, not bike falling over, or traffic pace low side. But I could be wrong, just ask my ex wife

What I was thankful for, was saving my frame from grinding into the black top. Believe me, I have seen how the frame gets damaged from wearing through the fairing on a low side, and if I was buying a pre loved F4, I would be checking for this type of damage.

Same with the SATO engine sliders. Damage to the engine casings would be obvious, and expensive to replace.

What I liked about the GSG is that they are large and robust, and stuck out a fair way.

Nothing cheap about laying an MV over, but fixing/replacing fairing damage is cheaper than remedying the frame and engine damage.

This all my humble opinion, and I hope helps you a little
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Rob gets it right....the function of the frame slider is to prevent damage to THE FRAME. These pucks, from the pictures anyway, look like they could even go under the fairing side panels...maybe not, but it looks that way. If a "slider" hooks up with the pavement, it will stress whatever component it is attached to and more than likely flip the bike...THAT causes allot of damage.
I have been looking for under the fairing pucks since the likelihood of hooking up with anything is minimal...and fairings are cheep comparatively.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM

New Site Garage
Rommeld there are so many options availible if you are looking for fairing protection, right here on the forum.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...Engine_Sliders

Frame protection is the main thing to me, fairing protection is just a added bonus.
Here's a old shot of something I cooked up, same as Rob's, works well. If you're worried about your fairings, get a race set or don't ride your bike.

On this one you can see the fairing top is gone from the highside, but on the side where it almost scraped through to the radiator, the radiator was fine because the frame slider took some of the pressure I think.

Chuck, R&G makes a nice set of under fairing sliders.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Thanks Dons! The more I see R&G gear, the more I like it.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Great comments guys. Indeed I have the change the idea in my mind what these sets can prevent. Indeed you guys are right that it should protect the frame/engine of the bike instead of the fairings.

I will see a bit around what to take.
My thoughts now:
- Higher sliders on the side fairing will prevent a bit of fairing damage, but will increase the chance of flipping over and doing more damage (or bending the part they are connected to).
- Lower sliders will prevent the flipping and bending of parts, but it is a guarantee that your fairing is fucked after the crash, so I would need cheap race fairings.

Will sleep about it a bit. Will be driving on the circuit at least 2 days this year (and following years) so it might be worth the money...

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 PM

All right gentlemen. I strongly believe that the F4 deserves the track as she would come into her right element there.
Now, my question is(as I`ve already gotten GSG:s full set, a LH side Engine cover and fairings) where do I find Sato engine covers for the RH side? I cannot seem to find any european dealer?
I have noticed that they are the only engine protection available for RH side.
As I intend to compete a little, apart from trackdays, I will need it. I am not imagining I will stay upright all the time. Any suggestions?
Other suggestions on needful things for racing are more than welcome. For example, a fairing stay? Where do I find that?
Any help on finding things are appreciated. Preferrably from Europe, as custom in Sweden will be fairly expensive...
And of course, model and year is F4 1000R -12.
TYIA

Last edited by Lotek; 03-17-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Ehh.. Helps to know which bike I mean.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotek View Post
All right gentlemen. I strongly believe that the F4 deserves the track as she would come into her right element there.
Now, my question is(as I`ve already gotten GSG:s full set, a LH side Engine cover and fairings) where do I find Sato engine covers for the RH side? I cannot seem to find any european dealer?
I have noticed that they are the only engine protection available for RH side.
As I intend to compete a little, apart from trackdays, I will need it. I am not imagining I will stay upright all the time. Any suggestions?
Other suggestions on needful things for racing are more than welcome. For example, a fairing stay? Where do I find that?
Any help on finding things are appreciated. Preferrably from Europe, as custom in Sweden will be fairly expensive...
And of course, model and year is F4 1000R -12.
TYIA
have you tried satoracing.com directly ?

cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode