Tyre & Suspension Settings!!?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Tyre & Suspension Settings!!??

I did a track day at Mallory park on the F4 750 last Sunday .
After my first session I was horrified at the state of my rear tyre. It was all bobbly at the edges. See pictures. Don't forget that I rode the 80 niles home afterwards so they don't look as bad now.
I spoke to a couple of guys who told me my tyre pressures were too high. They were set stock at 33psi front and 36psi rear. I lowered the front to 30 and the rear to 32. I am running Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's.
It seemed to take a lap longer for them to feel settled but the grip felt better. The first 2 laps was scary cos I ain't used to it, they felt just wrong. I felt faster but the tyres looked the same.
I think I may need to adjust the suspension as well or is it just what these tyres do?
What do other people run on track?
Attached Images

Last edited by MV Womble; 09-21-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 PM

30front and 32rear still too high,

first you need to get it right, front tire always higher than rear if you run on all track all tires, with your tires you have depent on weather temp you can do from 30 front 26 rear or for the best 28 front 24 rear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 AM

New Site Garage
Phil is indeed right about one thing, the back is almost always lower in pressure than the front. You need to also specify if your talking hot or cold pressure's, there is a big difference.

I run Pirelli's, but Superbike slick's though, having had a look at their chart it looks like 30psi (cold) is the way to go, and 25-27psi (cold) for the rear, for the tyre your using. Which is very similiar to what I run on the slick's at (32-27 hot).

Did none of the coaches give you a bit of help at the track ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

There was a complete cock up with the booking as it was supposed to be on the Saturday but due to a problem at the circuit it was changed to Sunday. Hence there was only 2 instructors there. When one was on circuit the other was running around doing other stuff and then they would swap over.
I am quoting cold pressures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode