Snetterton day 23rd may - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Snetterton day 23rd may

I spent some time with a gent from Red Dog Superbikes and Kev who was an EX racer. (one on an Ducati 848, and Kev on a MV312r)These two made my day, not just good company but also helpful and informative. I am a veteran track day enthusiast who has paid extra to get lessons from some of the best UK racers and although helpful they tend to be "follow me" then "I'll follow you" this is OK to show some of the lines, but we all know that these change according to the speed you travel at. On this day I had advise about steering with my knees and using them against the tank when braking as this would lesson the weight on my arms, and at the same time use the back brake to settle the bike so that the front didn't dip so much. Needless to say this was a lot for me to think about but it did work. The first time I tried it, doing what I normally do, that is sit up from about 150mph at the 300yd marker this new change had me down to my next corner speed a full 100yds short. I obviously had to gain some confidence to extend my brake point. Kev said he would start from 165mph and the 150yd mark. Awsome, thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode