Track Day formation Comparison - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux View Post
I agree with Carl, 30 minute sessions means lots more riding time, but less groups means larger groups, which in turn means more traffic on the track. And 30 minutes is probably longer than many riders, (myself included), can ride safely.

By way of comparason, consider Absolute. On weekdays, (when attendance is typcially lower), Roy runs three groups with 20 minute sessions. Bit on weekends, (when attendance is a bit higher), Roy runs four groups with 15 minute sessions. I actually prefer the 15 minute sessions. I'm happy to sacrifice 5 mins/hour track time in exchange for smaller groups. If Roy went with three groups on the weekends, I'd only get an extra 5 min/hour track time, and there'd be significantly more bikes on the track. Imo, not worth it.
I'm talking two 30 minute sessions with no more than 20-25 riders per group in exchange for paying a little bit more $$$. Roughly $250 per track day.

2005 MV F4-1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 PM

Definitely a better deal. I've always said I'd be willing to pay more in exchange for smaller groups.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329 View Post
I'm talking two 30 minute sessions with no more than 20-25 riders per group in exchange for paying a little bit more $$$. Roughly $250 per track day.
For the east coast, $250 is not horrible. TTD charges $250 with no membership fee and no size limits. If you are talking 20 to 25 people per group and only running two groups that certainly sets you apart from most organizations.

I think the membership fee is a good idea from an organizers perspective. You at least have a base to work from, you can give a discount to those who pay the fee and charge full boat to those that don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 08:46 AM

I wish you luck. I have done these numbers a million times so I know what you are thinking. $250 per rider at your max 25 riders brings you short of what you will need to get (for Jersey) on a weekend and even during the week so break out your checkbook.. Of course, you can loose one of the Ambulances (but you will still be short) which will save you money but then if someone needs to go to Hospital, the track is shut down. When the track shuts down, you loose time on the track. Also keep in mind that, depending on the time of year, 90% of crashes happen in the first five minutes in the morning but in the afternoon, 90% of them happen after minutes 12-15 of a session when everyone is getting tired. It is not easy at all to run so little groups and so much time. You have addressed the congestion by limiting the amount of riders but there will still be disparity in the speeds of the riders. I too like more groups even if it costs me a few minutes because the minutes I have out there are quality minutes without too much traffic and withtout too much disparity and closing speeds. I completely changed clubs because I thought the Blue group was getting too full and riders got in too easy causing dangerous closing speeds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode