OZ National BEARS racing rd 1 report - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Gasket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

OZ National BEARS racing rd 1 report

Well gday again all. It's been ages since I've been on the site. Well my 2017 national BEARS season has just kicked off. Thought I'd paste a copy of my race report in here. It's going to be very tough to back up my title from last year, we have a couple of the fastest riders in the country in my class. I can beat them tho sadly I haven't got the budget for tyres they do, but I'm pretty sure I'll still come out on top at the end of the season. The bike will be gwtting a couple of upgrades soon, so hopefully that'll kick me on a bit more.

Hello boys and girls out there in Gasket Land.
Well it's finally started, 2017 season has kicked off for me.
So you know the drill, grab a drink, a feed,probably a comfy chair and ya slippers and let uncle Gasket waffle on for a bit.
After waiting for months for a replacement motor for Green with MV we had to bolt him back together and head off exactly as he was last year. Motor did arrive but we couldnt get it out of customs in time. So armed with a whopping $300 in my pocket I headed off for the promise land of Mac Park.
A very uneventful trip down which is great, got there, Thursday afternoon, set up the pits etc and the back of the wagon for a great easter camp out. Sadly we couldn't get my gorgeous pit crew chief there until Saturday we managed to get her flown to Melbourne Friday but not able to fly from there to the track till the following day.
Friday was a practice day, I still had the tyres I used at the last national round in Eastern Creek in November and then did a track day at Lakeside on, which they where already sliding badly. So I was just punting around making sure everything worked. I did have a very small off in turn 4 when green dropped out of gear, then striaght back in causing a lock up, I sat up rode thru the sand trap however there was a bump at the end causing me to have a rest for a while as I was tired apparently.
Friday night went to get some new tyres on for the weekend, only to find my voucher I'd been relying on for winning the title last season wasn't accepted (long story) so I was left in a very bad predicament. Chris decided to use all of her money that she planned on us using for fuel to get home to buy the tyres. Which was then a big drama, with lack of reception for doing bank transfers and a few other little hiccups. Eventually got it all sorted and we had rubber.
Saturday morning was all on. We'd been catching up with Ryan Yanko and Scott Rinaldis from Qld who I diced with at Morgan Park round of BEARs last year. We where all in BEARs tho Ryan was F1 Scott and myself F2 plus c20 which is all bikes after 2000 majority being 1000s of course and the easter cup.
We qualified in 4th outright for BEARS and 3rd for F2 and in 6th for c20. Race 1 was the worst start of my life (where I actually got off the line that is Gerry Bassett :P) nothing but wheels stands the whole way up the straight dropping to around 15th. Had a fun ride dicing my way thru the field to finish in 5th.
C20 my start was better almost holding positon, Then a couple of overtakes to get into 4th I think it was with Scotty hot on my heels, coming onto the back straight it wouldn't op into gear properly, and scotty went past. We had a great dice for the rest of race where just couldn't quite get past. Royce was up the front giving Ryan hell, they where testing for the IOM where he races each year.
I had problems the next couple of races with gear changes, turned out my foot peg had come loose so we fixed that and it was better. By the end f the day I'd broken my lap record from last year by over a second, however Scott and Royce had broken it by more. Royce eventually got down to a 1:13 think almost F1 lap record.. My tyres where starting to go again by the end of the day and so where Scottys
My first race of Easter Cup had me from 15th with a really fun race with lots of sliding a few forceful moves working my way thru the field to 9th
Sunday was a bit different as I was back to sliding everywhere, we remained under lap record pace all day tho so I was happy that the small things we'd done to the bike last season where paying off, however its tuff when others are going even quicker lol
On Sunday Royce and Ryan never really got away to far from us, even tho I was just lighting it up everywhere, Scotty put a new tyre on the rear and we had great battles all day, either one of us only getting past when the other made a mistake.
The outcome was 3rd in BEARS and 4th outright in C20 and I think about 6th in Easter Cup. Sadly without winning Chris had to find other ways of surviving the trip home as We didn't win a massive Easter Egg this time.
Chris as usual did such an amazing job putting so much effort into helping in the pits, doing the lapboard and meals.
Now we are looking forward to the home round in a few weeks time at Morgan Park
Big shout out to Scott, and Di also Ryan and his dad I actually grabbed one of their old rear slicks for the last 2 races as Id gone past the wear markers again.
MacPark is always a brilliant event and with the camping and they even have cut firewood there, makes for a great ambiance to the whole event. Think a lot of places could learn from it and should take it back on board.
I have started a video diary now on you tube, called Gaskets Tales, the video diary of a privateer racer. Hopefully a few people will start watching. I'm still very nervous in front of a camera but I'm hoping in time they'll get a bit better.
Until next time
Ride it Like You STOLE it !
Attached Images

christosc and christosc like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Thx for that. Have you made a list of the meetings you will attend, or are you intending to do the full season?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:27 AM

Nice meeting you at Morgan park over the weekend mate, you were flying! look forward to the write ups.

2011 Aprillia RS125 (Sold)

2001 Cagiva Raptor 650

2003 Mv Agusta F4 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode