F3 RC Race Build - MVAgusta.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F3 RC Race Build

Hello fellow MV fans!

I've been asked to move this thread on the full race build of my new MV F3 from the F3 section where it could be seen by many F3 riders to this section where it will likely be seen by fewer forum members and fewer F3 riders - at least based on the number of views this section gets at any given time.

But to be a good sport and forum participant it will reside here now. I hope those of you who see this thread enjoy it. Thus far it has been very expensive and time consuming.

The realities we've faced are that few are racing this machine in 675 or 800 trim, even fewer are building the bike to be a true fully capable racer.

It is easy to see why. Here are some examples:

No one makes adjustable triples for the F3. So I did a design for IMA and they are making the first set of F3 specific adjustable triples - we should be testing them in the next few weeks.

No one makes linear rear suspension linkage for the F3. I've lent design assistance to Forsaken Motorsports and a linear rear linkage will be available soon.

No one makes the large Titanium hard parts specific to the F3. I did some development for TPO parts, soon F3 owners will be able to buy as much or more Ti hardware for the F3 as is available for the F4 models.

No one makes strong durable one piece rear sets for the F3. I have been working with Woodcraft to design, engineer and produce race quality rear sets that do not break off the frame tabs when a crash occurs. They will be available soon.

The list goes on, but you can see the trend that we've encountered. Most popular Supersport machines have an adequate supply of racing parts developed and available. The F3 has been largely ignored by the aftermarket. Lots of bling but not so much for racing and performance.

Please don't think this is a complaint session, rather it is an explanation of why it cost so much and has taken so long to build the F3 into a full blown proper - adjustable - tunable - crash resilient - reliable racing machine.

Thus far I'm enjoying it as it has presented many challenges and some cool opportunities to design racing parts for the F3. (I'm an engineer)

This F3 will also be completely professionally presented.

Paint by Andrew Swenson Design
Stickers and logos by Drippin' Wet.
Engine MV Supersport kit & dyno tuning by Bruce Meyers from MV USA,
The rest is done by me and my world class wrench - DemonTech

When finished this F3 should be very light weight, agile and powerful. I hope it is better than I've imagined it could be. Here is a few images of the work in progress - many more to follow, thank you and enjoy

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:45 PM

NICE! Can't wait to see much more. Best of luck to you!

The sheep remain inside their pen,
Though many times they've seen the way to leave.
post #3 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
Hello fellow MV fans!

I've been asked to move this thread on the full race build of my new MV F3 from the F3 section where it could be seen by many F3 riders to this section where it will likely be seen by fewer forum members and fewer F3 riders - at least based on the number of views this section gets at any given time.

But to be a good sport and forum participant it will reside here now. I hope those of you who see this thread enjoy it. Thus far it has been very expensive and time consuming.
Do the math Clayton, how many people build or are actually interested in building a race bike as apposed to looking at images of a blinged up or standard bike pictured in any given location.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, real enthusiasts will follow this thread in detail and hopefully they will walk away much the wiser due to your efforts.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:46 PM

New Site Garage
Looking good so far.
post #5 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Never ridden on a track, must be fun...

James M.
post #6 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:05 PM

I look forward to following your progress and commend you for your efforts.

I do have to ask though, where are you racing that allows the mods to the F3 you are looking at?

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #7 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMV View Post
I look forward to following your progress and commend you for your efforts.

I do have to ask though, where are you racing that allows the mods to the F3 you are looking at?
Probably BEARS or Silhouette classes as he is racing an 800 too, not a 675

Looking good do far, keep it coming
post #8 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
Hello fellow MV fans!

I've been asked to move this thread on the full race build of my new MV F3 from the F3 section where it could be seen by many F3 riders to this section where it will likely be seen by fewer forum members and fewer F3 riders - at least based on the number of views this section gets at any given time.......
Nice post !!! I agree 100% on the difficult to get special parts.

I'm building one myself and if you need to share special parts cost, just drop me a message or send me an email [email protected]

Post more pictures !
post #9 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:15 AM

really interested on those woodcraft rearsets! I Can't wait!
post #10 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:30 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Why the big oil catch tank, is that regulation in your series or is the engine pumping out that much oil ?

And, are you going to continue using the standard dash or swap to AIM or something similiar with more options ?
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 03-05-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode