Track Day 6 Dec Eastern Creek, Sydney - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Smile Track Day 6 Dec Eastern Creek, Sydney

So the planets are aligning correctly at the moment. Just had the first 1000km service done on my new Brutale 800rr and booked into yellow group for this Sunday at Eastern Creek.

Main aims are:

1. Set up the suspension - will be visiting Glenn Allerton who provides support to test some settings during each session
2. Suss out the different traction control settings
3. Make glorious music through those three little pipes!
4. Test how good my HTC M9 with TrackAddict app records sessions - have a new ram mount setup to hopefully record some clear video with gps overlay etc.

Anybody else also planning on being there?

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Good luck...am sure you'll have blast. Shame it isn't the same day as us.

We'll be there December 17 on a father/son day ..... my mate & his son along with me & mine. The young blokes have dedicated track bikes (Yamahas) R1 & R6. Us old blokes will go with a Ducati Hypermotard & a Cagiva Sp525

Hope the weather behaves for our respective days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

I'm booked for the 19th Dec as well. Can't wait for this weekend!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 AM

New Site Garage
Lucky bugger, make sure you get some pictures. Enjoy.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Lucky bugger, make sure you get some pictures. Enjoy.
Donsy

Realistically speaking, what is the most affordable way to get into racing and what format? Cost wise, what is one looking at (not interested in running in the front, just competitive midrange.).

I want to get a track bike around June next year and what i target to get might be influenced by the future racing possibilities

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeO View Post
Donsy

Realistically speaking, what is the most affordable way to get into racing and what format? Cost wise, what is one looking at (not interested in running in the front, just competitive midrange.).

I want to get a track bike around June next year and what i target to get might be influenced by the future racing possibilities
Without extra information about yourself including age, size, fitness and experience on two wheels, plus which classes you would like to race in ....that's about as easy to answer as 'how long is a piece of string?'

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

So let's start unravelling the piece of string.

42 years old, 1.80m tall, rellatively fit at present, done many advanced riding courses, done over 10 track days in last year, don't know what class I'm interested in, therefore the question.

Initial thoughts was the Ninja 300 cup thinking this might be more affordable to be competitive (?), but maybe one can do the same in one of the historic classes?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

I'm also planning on doing the 'racing boot camp' with Toprider to build up my skills
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Racing is a great way to make a small pile of money.

...out of a big pile of money!!

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeO View Post
So let's start unravelling the piece of string.

42 years old, 1.80m tall, rellatively fit at present, done many advanced riding courses, done over 10 track days in last year, don't know what class I'm interested in, therefore the question.

Initial thoughts was the Ninja 300 cup thinking this might be more affordable to be competitive (?), but maybe one can do the same in one of the historic classes?
Do you have a Clubmans class or even a Bears where there is more variation in bikes and skill? The Ninja 300 Cup is likely to be super competitive and starring young guns that weigh nothing and are totally fearless. Even though it sounds a comforting class to start in (and 42 is old to start) it may be too tough to get a good run even in the pack.

I'm not trying to be overly negative but take a good look at all classes you may be happy in and go from there.

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode