f4 750 racing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

f4 750 racing

ok all its finally happening the strip down has started for the build.
I've just returned from racing in the support classes in BSB on the 125 and now going to race my 2000 f4 750
ive spoken to donsy in the past.
ive also seen some threads and after a day of looking cant find them again
who is the man on here to ask about the eprom remember seeing someone mentioned.
to start with as i cant afford a set of bodis straight up is de baffling the standard ones fairly good? think i rememebr the how to part of the thread i saw on it ages ago.
should i go power commander III
im thinking of redoing head and going titanium valves and springs and upping the rev limit a few thousand.. is 17000 the figure I've read before?
and for racing whats the majority vote on which brakes to upgrade to.
We have started making our own moulds as couldnt find fairings exactly as I wanted them.. hopefully have some fairings done in January
bike already has the updated rear hub.
oh i notice there is no hole in the triple tree to put a front stand in.. has anyone made a modiciation there like maybe drilled a hole in the centre lol.. i have an idea for a front stand and how to mount it in the centre to allow fork removal but just checking if someone has already made one.. i bought a set of front and rear stands and they work aweseome but yeah they mount on bottom of fork legs for the front.
I've downloaded your manuals Donsy so hopefully i wont get to lost once I fully start dismantling it. im going very slow at mo as shattered my thumb and broke collarbone at silverstone so just doing little bits right now like removing fairings lights etc

cheers all
Gasket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 03:15 AM

New Site Garage
17 000rpm , that's funny as fuck mate, take a video .....and stand back.
EPROM from Adam.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

thought it sounded high but thought i saw it in a thread here
byut im asking in all seriousness.. im not used to these motors hence why asking for genuine advice before i rip bust tear and start building a motor that could end up being total wrong direction.. im sure a lot of you have already tried all sorts of different trickery.. in gp its very easy to go the wrong way.. so this time im asking first.. simple as that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 03:56 AM

New Site Garage
Hahaha, no worries mate, will have a chat in the week, flat out at the moment.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah all good... i just got invited to take it down for a track day on the 4th so im going to do that then pull it apart lol
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:04 PM

New Site Garage
Adam for Eprom - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37545

Exhaust, you're on your own, it's not that hard to core the stock tailpipes -
Tip #42 in this a section - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...57#post1726657

For brakes, you'll need to buy some radial mount calipers and fork bottoms to swap over, not cheap.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 11-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

ok cool. whos the best to see about brakes?
so is it just the eprom I should change or should I change that box under the seat.. yep I'm not the electronics wizard I let others do electronic wizardry for me as you can tell lol..
oh yeah another small stumbling block. Ive got sharp stands which work great and are great quality.. but with the front, there is no hole in the triple clamp so I cant take the forks out as my stand goes under the fork leg.. i thought of making the same folding type stand that most bikes use but with maybe a sqaure peg with rubber tip to just sit under the triple clamps.. would that be a similar design to what others are using or is there already a stand made somewhere that works.. What rear sets and quick shifter do you use i just saw some on design corse and aslo ebay im looking at
cheers
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 04:14 AM

New Site Garage
1. Ask in the - or look in the for sale section or on eBay for a set of radial fork legs, those bottoms unscrew and you can swap them over.
Then you'll need 320mm disc's, there's heaps for sale on the "For Sale" section, same with radial calipers.

2. The EPROM is the component inside the box (ECU) under your seat, speak to Adam, he's a smart cooky.

3. Rearsets (PP Tuning) and all other parts I use are listed here - mostly - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75945

4. Cordona quickshifter.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 03:44 PM

Not trying to be negative but I have to say that you will be spending a lot of money on your 750...what class will it be eligible for ? I would start with looking for a 1000....or 675. It's no fun running at the back just because you're on the wrong bike

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

well i just come home from running BSB and was at the back of feild cos I was on wrong bike.. sometimes you just have to run what youve got.. the mv is going to be raced purely for fun and to keep my eye in.. yes will cost a bit of money to get running quick and wont be competitive against the 1000's but if i beat a coupel of them.. well that makes it even more fun.. there is no 750 class herein oz so yep bit of a bugger lol.. thanks for the advice Donsy.. I'm just waiting to see if my hand wil be able to hang on to a handlebar next weekend for a track day before i fully start stripping the bike.. already have a fair bit of it apart tho.. about to start selling all the road gear as it can never be re registered so hopefully thatll help me cover some of the costs of other parts..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode