Go Pro on the back? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Go Pro on the back?

Anyone else had to find a tricky place to fit and was there any issues with vibration etc

I've just fitted mine here, need to fix a little better but not really sure how it'll come out
Attached Images

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 06:26 PM

I only face the camera forward on the rear, so I can see my body position.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I only face the camera forward on the rear, so I can see my body position.

"Does this bike make my ass look big?"

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Anyone else had to find a tricky place to fit and was there any issues with vibration etc

I've just fitted mine here, need to fix a little better but not really sure how it'll come out
This is exactly where I would put mine (If I had one lol). How did you secure it? Sticky pad?

btw a lot of muck gets sprayed in that section (as you probably know), so I'd secure it with more than a pad, if that's what you did, I cant tell.

Also, I am wondering if it will benefit from a sort of mini mud guard attached to the underside of the cam, to keep the view clear for longer.

What are your thoughts?

Kag
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 01:46 AM

Why do you want to see where you've been? Mount it on the side of the fairing so you can see what your suspension is doing and a look at the track etc. View afterwards, can give you good analysis of your riding.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
This is exactly where I would put mine (If I had one lol). How did you secure it? Sticky pad?

btw a lot of muck gets sprayed in that section (as you probably know), so I'd secure it with more than a pad, if that's what you did, I cant tell.

Also, I am wondering if it will benefit from a sort of mini mud guard attached to the underside of the cam, to keep the view clear for longer.

What are your thoughts?

Kag
I got caught out in the rain and the lense did get dirty. I need to make a bracket that uses the screw fixing as it did wobble about a bit too much on my test

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popstar View Post
Why do you want to see where you've been? Mount it on the side of the fairing so you can see what your suspension is doing and a look at the track etc. View afterwards, can give you good analysis of your riding.
Its a second camera. I have a go pro that sits on the right side of the bike for track days (not allowed on tank or lid) and use it on the lid or tank for road

This was a secondary while the front was running if i was on track and made a good pass or had a mate behind if that makes sense

I'm not interested in the suspension moving about, it's setup well and does its job

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post

I'm not interested in the suspension moving about, it's setup well and does its job
That's ok, it helped me understand what dad was telling me about what was happening with the suspension. Thought it might help. And if you look at the video, it will tell you what you are doing with throttle etc. Video was just a good tool to show me what I needed to do to be smooth as possible
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 01:10 PM

I fix it on the rear brake fluid tank, to view the rear wheel play

If you are confortable with your bike, you are not fast enough ! John Kocinski

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode