Dragster RR on track - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Dragster RR on track

Done two now with a third in 2 weeks

Must say considering its very much road biased with some decent rubber and suspension setup on the firm side it did a great job

I found only when i really pushed on it decked the belly pan or pegs

Bought a few pics but waiting for cd to arrive so this is a temp from the site and will be edited for the full quality one shortly
Attached Images

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 AM

New Site Garage
Looks good Dean. You'll have to start getting your body off the bike, you'll be running out of tyres soon, and that's going to be expensive or painfull mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 07-07-2015 at 05:45 PM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Looks good Dean. You'll have to start getting your body off the bike, you'll be running out of tyres soon, and that's going to be expensive or painfull mate.
Yeh its a bad style i have, i see the pics and know i need to hang off more but having it right over i can get a bit more speed

Not sure if it's years and years of mx or just how i ride

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 03:53 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Yeh its a bad style i have, i see the pics and know i need to hang off more but having it right over i can get a bit more speed

You can get more speed for longer if you're on the more meaty part of the tyre. More rubber means more grip, more acceleration. You get off and keep the bike more upright, much saver and faster.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Established Member

I don't care what they say bro. Looks like your toe is touching and knee is almost draggin'! Nice!

TJ
2005 Custom HD Wideglide Chopper
2014 BMW S1000RR
2015 MV Brutale Dragster RR

Last edited by TJLincoln; 07-09-2015 at 11:44 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLincoln View Post
I don't care what the say bro. Looks like your toe is touching and knee is almost draggin'! Nice!
Toe dragged due to clearance when really banked, my knee was down all entry and mid on the corners but this must be just as I'm starting to bring up and get on the gas

I ride with a point and squirt a bit, never gas just constant throttle when mid corner leaning as Donny said not much rubber contact

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Oh and thanks

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 08:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
I'd go with the years of motocross, it looks like your sitting up and pushing the bike down, all you've left to do is stick your right leg out

The track day schools teach it how Donsy says, keep the bike as upright and on the thick of the tyre as much as you can, so hang off the thing like a demented gorilla.

I see the photographer has also tilted his camera, it give the effect of you leaning it over more than you actually are and so looks more dramatic
This is me some years ago at Pembery in Wales the left picture looks like i'm going so much faster and with more attack than the right one

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 08:56 AM

New Site Garage
Would help if I attach the picture!
Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1436450132.643808.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  69.6 KB

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 09:07 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
I ride with a point and squirt a bit, never gas just constant throttle when mid corner leaning as Donny said not much rubber contact
Who the f...ck is Donny

Anyway, great to see you having fun out there Dean, I don't ride on the road at all anymore, I just race and when not racing I coach, much safer than road riding.

PS. Constant throttle while cornering is actually slowing down, to maintain at least the same speed you have to accelerate, this is due to the cornering forces scrubbing off speed when we turn.
To get better grip you accelerate, it also helps the bike turn, but I'm not going to carry on, that's what your coach will teach you at a riding school.

Have fun and stay "rubber side down"

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode